• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who was the quickest West Indian pace bowler ??

Johan

U19 12th Man
I feel like "just" is a tad unfair given he, you know, kept to and would have batted against most if not all of them.
I don't doubt Patterson being top 3 Fastest ( Though I do feel Holding was a bit faster , considering there was no rebuttal to that Delivery being 164km/ph ) But Sachin's statement about Patterson being the fastest he ever faced is what mainly intrests me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah fair enough, sorry i thought you were sort of downplaying Dujon's input rather than referring to Tendy's statement :)

Chrish

International Debutant
I don't doubt Patterson being top 3 Fastest ( Though I do feel Holding was a bit faster , considering there was no rebuttal to that Delivery being 164km/ph ) But Sachin's statement about Patterson being the fastest he ever faced is what mainly intrests me.
It was in the interview on YouTube. Will post it if I come across the clip.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Though I do feel Holding was a bit faster , considering there was no rebuttal to that Delivery being 164km/ph
There's no possibility that measurement is remotely accurate. Whatever that projection is, is 2D, not in the plane of the delivery, can't take into account parallax and has no proper distance references

The only absolutely definite measurement I know for Holding is 148.54 km/h at Perth in 1975.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's no possibility that measurement is remotely accurate. Whatever that projection is, is 2D, not in the plane of the delivery, can't take into account parallax and has no proper distance references

The only absolutely definite measurement I know for Holding is 148.54 km/h at Perth in 1975.
The only thing you need to know it's fake is that it's an "AI" company.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I can't remember who's autobiography I read it in but I'm sure Wayne Daniel was mentioned as being scarily quick. Often overlooked in the era of The Four Horsemen

Xuhaib

International Coach
nah it's some old guy who never bowled over 140 in reality but had a sick old-timey Calypso Aura

Bonus points if he was completely insane and/or regularly threatened to engage in fisticuffs with batsmen because that actually makes you bowl faster

Or maybe the answer is Viv Richards
In the 70's and 80's cricket mostly attracted the best athletes in West indies the case became less so once other sporting opportunities opened up for them so there is a strong chance the pacers of the earlier era being quicker then the era that followed due to them simply being better athletes .

Fiedel was quick alright now imagine similar pace guy but with a 8-10 inch height advantage