• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like a solid little tour for NZ. Still feel that ODI top-order looks awfully skinny with Ross gone and Kane seemingly having done his dash. Hopefully Conway and Mitchell can pick up the slack in the years ahead.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Great scorecard to wake up to. Nice to see attack picking up up the slack with Ferguson having an off day and the batting compesating for Kane's absence.

Guess this is close to XI (and 15) the selectors have in mind for the 2023 WC if alm goes well, though Williamson continues to be a major worry.

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
1. Myers
2. Hope (wkt)
4. Hetmeyer
5. Pooran
7. Holder
8. Hosein
9. Joseph

West Indies definitely need someone to fill that number 6 role and a couple of consistent ODI bowlers. Brooks probably makes it at 3 because the other options are so poor.

WICFan

U19 Captain
1. Myers
2. Hope (wkt)
4. Hetmeyer
5. Pooran
7. Holder
8. Hosein
9. Joseph

West Indies definitely need someone to fill that number 6 role and a couple of consistent ODI bowlers. Brooks probably makes it at 3 because the other options are so poor.
If Lewis gets himself fit then he opens and Mayers can drop down the order.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Who are the bowlers though?
Motie and Sinclair can come in as an extra slow/spin option.

Cottrell is injured at the moment but will probably come under consideration, other than him, it's probably Seales, Shepherd and O. Smith as the other pace options.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Motie and Sinclair can come in as an extra slow/spin option.

Cottrell is injured at the moment but will probably come under consideration, other than him, it's probably Seales, Shepherd and O. Smith as the other pace options.
What about Mccoy?

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Who are the bowlers though?
I imagine Motie would come in after he is fit. Fits in nicely with the next WC being in India

The other pacer is a bit more tricky. Anyone knows what Cottrell and KPaul are upto these days? If not them it would be wise to put all eggs in the Seales basket even if he hasn’t come good so far in ODIs

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm constantly bewildered by you lot constantly trying to retire Guptill. He isn't at the peak of his powers but he is comfortably better than any other options
Yeah, it's very easy for me to say on my couch, when there's zero chance I'd make that call actually pulling the selectorial strings. It would be a wildly disconcerting thing for a group to have someone like Gup dropped, who hasn't done anything particularly wrong.

However, as I think PEWS said, we think we know what we're getting at the World Cup. We think we know what we're getting before then, too.