• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pooran is class and it's hard to dismiss Mayers now but there's really too much chaff in this lineup. Can't overstate how bad Hope was. Why is Brooks?.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Clearly I don't follow WIndies cricket so can those in the know tell me why Pooran has played a half dozen FC games by age 26? Too many L/O leagues? Or just not got the technique?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Pooran is class and it's hard to dismiss Mayers now but there's really too much chaff in this lineup. Can't overstate how bad Hope was. Why is Brooks?.
We have a very small pool of players and are missing two world class white ball batsmen in Lewis and Hety.

We can never put our best team out and that's ignoring the likes of Narine and Dre Russ.

Hence we are left with substandard batsmen.

We also haven't played domestic list a cricket for years now, so we have no body of evidence from which to select the replacements.

Beamer

Clearly I don't follow WIndies cricket so can those in the know tell me why Pooran has played a half dozen FC games by age 26? Too many L/O leagues? Or just not got the technique?
Aged 19 he had a serious car crash which nearly ended his career. He decided to make $$$ quick and look after his family after that.

So he prioritised white ball cricket, became much sought after very quickly and never has time to play FC cricket.

I'm in the camp that would just get him to play tests anyway but our selectors don't tend to innovate much.

nzfan

Pooran deserved a hundred there, changed the game inside out in no time. Enjoyed watching that even though it came against us. The pitch looks good for batting and we have a long lineup. We should get there but it'll be close I think. Definitely not going to be one sided this one

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Going to be interesting to see how Allen goes here - he hasn't got the pressure of building an innings after the top order has departed fairly cheaply and slowly. He'll be able to go for it - or will he try and play another mature innings and launch later on?

thundaboult

International Debutant
Pooran justifying the talent he has, he can be a world beater on his day...tearing up any bowling attack single-handedly. I can't believe that southee has been our best non-spin bowler this series. Unbelievable lol. Good to see that trent is getting back into the groove. Lockie has had a lot more games recently but seems to be degrading. Santner dependable as usual. Man alzarri is quickly becoming one of my favs lol. So much fun to watch.

Oh no...Allen gone. Man how is holder being so economical and getting all these wickets?? Bowls 120 and isn't moving the ball. Surely he's someone you smash out of the attack instead of getting out to?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm constantly bewildered by you lot constantly trying to retire Guptill. He isn't at the peak of his powers but he is comfortably better than any other options

nzfan

That was a good knock by guppy. I do think he has earned the right to hang his boots when he likes. I get a feeling it may not be far away. The t20 wc could be the last we may see of him.