• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm constantly bewildered by you lot constantly trying to retire Guptill. He isn't at the peak of his powers but he is comfortably better than any other options
Comfortably better than Conway? Nah. Allen, yeah, but he's young. Ditto Ravindra.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is well set up, though NZ really need a good partnership here despite Latham's poor form. Don't really want Macewell and Neesham in for another ten overs.

Surprised no Phillips today, though in saying that I don't like seeing him bat below 5 and it's hard to argue too much with this top 5.

thundaboult

International Debutant
This is why latham is important for the subc wc

and mitchell...well...is there anything he can't do lol

what a gun cricketer, our best find since conway and kj's honeymoon phase

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Mitchell is such an asset in all formats now - can play the accumulative game and then effortlessly switch to hitting, finds the boundary very easily.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
With all of Williamson, Conway, Latham and Mitchell guaranteed starters in an India ODI world cup (imo), I would quite like to push one of those up to open rather than occupy their default positions 3-6. Probably Conway as opener with Latham at 4 and Mitchell at 5, which gives them all a chance to maximise their impact on the match.

Allen/Guptill can fight for the other opening spot, while Macewell, Phillips, Chapman and maybe others can compete for 6.

thierry henry

International Coach
Needlessly losing wickets with the run rate well under control, Neesh responds with an assortment of DLF maximums and reverse sweeps. I hate cricket now #Bazball

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I would really like to see Neesham take this home. Has been so-so with the bat this tour, we were all miffed that he lost his NZ contract though tbh his ODI batting record doesn't make for great reading.

In his favour, the last WC was where he really performed consistently for NZ for the first time in ODI cricket (moreso with the ball, though) and we haven't played many ODIs since then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good one Neesh

Didn't realise that was our first ever ODI series win in the WI.

Wish we could schedule a test series over there though.