• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla, Kevin Pietersen and Michael Clarke.

BazBall21

International Regular
Four batsmen from the same era that averaged just shy of 50 and fairly evenly matched legacy wise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is Hoggard bowling? If so

Clarke
Pietersen
Amla

Smith

Otherwise just put Smith top.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith
Clarke
Amla
Pietersen

I struggle to split Clarke and Amla, I'm more or less just choosing Clarke for aesthetics. I'm penalising Pietersen for constantly causing his team massive ball-aches.

trundler

Picking between the middle order bats is a matter of preference really but Smith should be #1. I'd have Pietersen last because he played exclusively in his prime and averaged 47. Also had a glaring weakness against SLA. Amla's decline was precipitous but he also had the most 'complete' peak. Monster series everywhere and just dominated. Clarke was more of an HTB but didn't suffer from the yips at any point. There's also 2012. All 3 guys played some pretty clutch knocks though.

SillyCowCorner1

They will not walk into long room together unless retired, as they were opposition players.

For topic I say Smith to be excluded because he was opener. The rest:

Amla
KP
Clarke
Let's just say that they were the last four retired players on Earth, and the MCC gave them a free-for-all to visit the long room