• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hate this ****ing false narrative forming already. That the Virat - Bairstow altercation spurred him on. Not it didn't, you spuds at Sony. He was rattled and almost got out next ball. At the end of the over, Stokes and Virat spoke and there was a truce and smiles were exchanged with Bairstow and it was all very friendly when Bairstow decided to start attacking again.

Last edited:

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I guess it’s why they call it Test cricket. Not backyard slog your mom cricket. Blindly attacking no matter what is so naive it’s almost cute. Ironically they may be trying to “save” Test cricket for the modern audience by killing it’s old fashioned values of discipline and graft.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well my point is I don't even rate billings in the hit&giggle, which is certainly not something you can say about Jos.
I'm prepared to give him a chance. Hasn't really had a run of games. Might not be up to it but never really found out. Hard breaking into the pyjama teams, took Livingstone ages and he looks real deal.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
The way you wrote that you seem to be implying that England aren’t under the pump at the moment…
If Billings gets 40 and YJB stays in you could only be looking at a deficit of 100 or so. But if we're in a scenario like the last test last Summer when England only had to bat two sessions and fluffed it. Billings would roll over in that situation.

greg

International Debutant
I guess it’s why they call it Test cricket. Not backyard slog your mom cricket. Blindly attacking no matter what is so naive it’s almost cute. Ironically they may be trying to “save” Test cricket for the modern audience by killing it’s old fashioned values of discipline and graft.
Bairstow scored 3 runs in 41 balls last night and this morning. Stokes is either confused at the moment or must feel he’s in terrible form and doesn’t have confidence in batting properly.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Bairstow scored 3 runs in 41 balls last night and this morning. Stokes is either confused at the moment or must feel he’s in terrible form and doesn’t have confidence in batting properly.
Stokes is a great cricketer. Just not the sharpest tool in the shed going by his decision making on and off the field

chris.hinton

International Captain
While Bazball is just idiotic... I do think that the idea of using your good form like Bairstow is, is a great lesson for batsmen.
How is it idiotic....Look at this morning 6 an over. India are running out of ideas. We may be behind but India dont look in control