• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Flem274*

123/5
Agree with you, but I think the Play-offs put to bed any idea of RTS pulling on the black jersey. At least a year too early for him, but I can understand if they want him around the squad. Big question marks over Rieko as well.

Ireland will be licking their lips at playing us - their dominant forward-pack are going to go to town on the All Blacks I expect.
I think we are reading perhaps a lot into one game. Havilli has been good SR player and Goodhue missing post-injury, and then ofc saders had absolute forward dominance last night so all their backs had a great time.

RTS and Ioane far more talented imo (faster, stronger, better hands) so I'd build towards them in 2023 now unless we switch Leceister to his natural 13 and Ioane back to 11 which also works for me. Leceister when he does play 13 is a defensive titan imo.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I think we are reading perhaps a lot into one game. Havilli has been good SR player and Goodhue missing post-injury, and then ofc saders had absolute forward dominance last night so all their backs had a great time.

RTS and Ioane far more talented imo (faster, stronger, better hands) so I'd build towards them in 2023 now unless we switch Leceister to his natural 13 and Ioane back to 11 which also works for me. Leceister when he does play 13 is a defensive titan imo.
Two games personally, including the semi against the Brumbies where the Blues were lucky to get out of it.

I'd start with Havilli and and Rieko (on reflection), but I do like your idea of Fainga'anuku as I think we need a barnstorming back who can break the line in the Nonu style. RTS, Rieko, Jordan, Reece are all the same sort of stepping players but from what I see, don't break through the line a lot.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I do wish Laumape had come on a bit more - think all he needed was being shown a bit more love and appreciation by NZ Rugby.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Foster, John Plumtree, Scott McLeod, David Havili, and Jack Goodhue will be missing from the ABs' coaching/playing ranks vs Ireland due to covid.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As for the game itself, a couple of brilliant tries in the first half for the Maori ABs.

James

Cricket Web Owner
How good are the Maori back-three! Incredible ball skills and running so far from them, especially in the wet.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were kept a bit quieter in the second half, but an impressive performance nevertheless.

James

Cricket Web Owner
They were kept a bit quieter in the second half, but an impressive performance nevertheless.
100% - quite surprised how poor Ireland were, but first game of the tour, they'll no doubt go up a few gears after a performance like that.

James

Cricket Web Owner
10 mins in and already the All Blacks forward pack being shown up for their lack of size and strength.