• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean this is what happens when you bat a domestic opener at 6, a guy who bat's 5 at 3 and a guy with a fc average of 50 at 8 while playing 1 spinner and 3 genuine bowlers.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Hindsight is 50/50 but I don't think marsh would have played the dumbass shot head played if he was at 5. Marsh has just come back prematurely from his second injury in a month and we decide to make him bowl 7 overs and bat 3, its brainless.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean this is what happens when you bat a domestic opener at 6, a guy who bat's 5 at 3 and a guy with a fc average of 50 at 8 while playing 1 spinner and 3 genuine bowlers.
Yeah but does anyone really care though?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
2/3 activated
Srilanka could be a darkhorse in the ODI World cup with their array of quality spinners and all SCC's 3 activated. DDS Shanaka and Chamika at 5-7 is a good engine room too.

Nissanka, Dickwella, Asalanka, Bhanuka, DDS, Shanaka, Chamika, Hasaranga, Wellalage, Theekshana, Chameera is the team I will start with for the WC.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Srilanka could be a darkhorse in this T20 World cup with their array of quality spinners and all SCC's 3 activated. DDS Shanaka and Chamika at 5-7 is a good engine room too.

Nissanka, Dickwella, Asalanka, Bhanuka, DDS, Shanaka, Chamika, Hasaranga, Wellalage, Theekshana, Chameera is the team I will start with for the WC.
Is it in India? I can't see them competing with India or Pakistan in those conditions. Can't judge them by a series against a SENA side in hopelessly alien conditions that are already **** at playing spin.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it in India? I can't see them competing with India or Pakistan in those conditions. Can't judge them by a series against a SENA side in hopelessly alien conditions that are already **** at playing spin.
Error from my side. Corrected to ODI World cup. T20 WC is in Australia while ODI WC is in India. So many world tournaments continuously and it is getting hard to keep track :)

This Aussie team is missing Starc and Zampa. They will be good in SC too with both of them back. For some reasons, Green has not been able to wake up for ODIs.

On SL, yes, competing with India and Pakistan in these conditions will be tough but they should be able to win the SENA sides and WI.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win for SL. Middle order is settled, opener and #3 are open for grabbing. I would like Dhanushka Gunathilaka to be playing there. Mendis has shown he has regained form.

Next ODI we can experiment a bit.

Danny (if fit) / Dikwella
Nissanka
K. Mendis
DDS
Asalanka
Wellalage
Shanaka
Karunarathne
R. Mendis
Vandersay
A.Fernando

will be my team for the next match.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win for SL. Middle order is settled, opener and #3 are open for grabbing. I would like Dhanushka Gunathilaka to be playing there. Mendis has shown he has regained form.

Next ODI we can experiment a bit.

Danny (if fit) / Dikwella
Nissanka
K. Mendis
DDS
Asalanka
Wellalage
Shanaka
Karunarathne
R. Mendis
Vandersay
A.Fernando