• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of West Indies (& Guyana) 2022

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
June 10-12: Bangladesh vs CWI President’s XI – Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua Local start time 10am/9am Jamaica time

June 16-20: 1st Test – Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua. Local start time 10am/9am Jamaica

June 24-28: 2nd Test – Daren Sammy Cricket Ground, St Lucia. Local start time 10am/9am Jamaica

July 2: 1st T20I – Windsor Park, Dominica. Local start time 1:30pm/12:30pm Jamaica

July 3: 2nd T20I – Windsor Park, Dominica Local start time 1:30pm/12:30pm Jamaica

July 7: 3rd T20I – Guyana Stadium, Guyana, Local start time 1:30pm/12:30pm Jamaica

July 10: 1st CG United ODI – Guyana Stadium, Guyana. Local start time 9:30am/8:30am Jamaica

July 13: 2nd CG United ODI – Guyana Stadium, Guyana. Local start time 9:30am/8:30am Jamaica

July 16: 3rd CG United ODI – Guyana Stadium, Guyana. Local start time 9:30am/8:30am Jamaica

WINDIES TEST SQUAD

Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)

Jermaine Blackwood (Vice Captain)

Nkrumah Bonner

John Campbell

Joshua Da Silva

Alzarri Joseph

Kyle Mayers

Gudakesh Motie

Anderson Phillip

Raymon Reifer

Jayden Seales

Devon Thomas

Reserves

Tagernarine Chanderpaul

Shermon Lewis

Motie gets the call-up, much deserved. Tage knocking on the door of a John Campbell failure.

CWI President’s XI

Yannic Cariah (Captain)

Colin Archibald

Alick Athanaze

Tagenarine Chanderpaul

Bryan Charles

Roston Chase

Tevin Imlach

Jeremiah Louis

Preston McSween

Marquino Mindley

Jeremy Solozano

Jomel Warrican

Wondering if they have moved on from Cornwall????

T20I squad: Nicholas Pooran (capt), Rovman Powell (vice-capt), Shamarh Brooks, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr, Dominic Drakes (reserve player)

Out: Kieron Pollard, Fabian Allen, Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Shai Hope

In: Obed McCoy, Shamarh Brooks, Alzarri Joseph, Keemo Paul, Devon Thomas

ODI squad: Nicholas Pooran (capt), Shai Hope (vice-capt), Shamarh Brooks, Keacy Carty, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Keemo Paul, Anderson Phillip, Rovman Powell, Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd (reserve player)

Out: Nkrumah Bonner, Shermon Lewis, Hayden Walsh Jr

In: Gudakesh Motie

Last edited by a moderator:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This could have been a good chance to test Akeal in tests. Was hoping that he'll get selected.

Aritro

International Regular
Where's Roach? Is Gabriel permanently injured/out of favour? Are they in no hurry to pick Tage?

It'll still be an innings defeat and a 10 wicket defeat for my lot, but still.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Where's Roach? Is Gabriel permanently injured/out of favour? Are they in no hurry to pick Tage?

It'll still be an innings defeat and a 10 wicket defeat for my lot, but still.
Roach will have a fitness test and if he passes will be added to the squad. He got injured whilst playing for Surrey.

Gabriel was also injured and attempted a comeback in our FC competition, but went for lots of runs and took hardly any wickets. I fear it might be the end for him if Phillip takes his chance.

Beamer

WINDIES TEST SQUAD

Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)
Jermaine Blackwood (Vice Captain)
Nkrumah Bonner
John Campbell
Joshua Da Silva
Alzarri Joseph
Kyle Mayers
Gudakesh Motie
Anderson Phillip
Raymon Reifer
Jayden Seales
Devon Thomas

Reserves

Tagernarine Chanderpaul
Shermon Lewis

Motie gets the call-up, much deserved. Tage knocking on the door of a John Campbell failure.

Wondering if they have moved on from Cornwall????
Like you I am pumped that Motie got a call up. Frankly, he is a better spinner than Permaul and outbowled him this year. He can also bat. I would have gone with Motie or Hossein, so I am glad.

R.e Rakheem he has barely made a squad since Desmond Haynes became Chief Selector. So I think the weight issue might be being used as the reason, esepcially as he hasn't exactly torn it up at international level.

I was hoping Tage would get picked ahead of Campbell, but I should have know our selectors are conservative and he only played a couple of tests since his 'comeback'. One more poor series and that will be that though. But even that is poor planning IMHO as Tage will be making his test debut in Australia rather than Bangladesh at home!

Devon Thomas has done well over the last couple of seasons, but his batting style is ultra aggressive (strike rate of 91) and I just can;t see it succeeding at test level. I really hope I am wrong. I would have chosen Brandon King, who for no reason seems to be picked for white ball cricket only.

Also pleased for Raymon Reifer. He never gets a game due to Jason Holder, but he puts up performances in FC cricket and in international warm ups every year. He really deserves this chance.

My team:

Braithwaite (c)
Campbell
Bonner
Thomas
Mayers
Blackwood
Da Silva (wk)
Reifer
Motie
Joseph/Roach
Seales

Beamer

And which random combination of seam bowlers have Bangladesh picked?
Here's the squad.

Ebadot, Mustafizur, Shohidul Islam, Khaled Ahmed, Rejaur Rahman Raja

I know Ebadot and Fizz are decent but I'm not sure about the others. Does anyone have any intel?

I don't like tests in Antigua, they are so boring as the pitch has nothing in it at all usually. St Lucia is superb though, an excellent cricket wicket, aprticularly for seam.

SillyCowCorner1

Like you I am pumped that Motie got a call up. Frankly, he is a better spinner than Permaul and outbowled him this year. He can also bat. I would have gone with Motie or Hossein, so I am glad.

R.e Rakheem he has barely made a squad since Desmond Haynes became Chief Selector. So I think the weight issue might be being used as the reason, esepcially as he hasn't exactly torn it up at international level.

I was hoping Tage would get picked ahead of Campbell, but I should have know our selectors are conservative and he only played a couple of tests since his 'comeback'. One more poor series and that will be that though. But even that is poor planning IMHO as Tage will be making his test debut in Australia rather than Bangladesh at home!

Devon Thomas has done well over the last couple of seasons, but his batting style is ultra aggressive (strike rate of 91) and I just can;t see it succeeding at test level. I really hope I am wrong. I would have chosen Brandon King, who for no reason seems to be picked for white ball cricket only.

Also pleased for Raymon Reifer. He never gets a game due to Jason Holder, but he puts up performances in FC cricket and in international warm ups every year. He really deserves this chance.

My team:

Braithwaite (c)
Campbell
Bonner
Thomas
Mayers
Blackwood
Da Silva (wk)
Reifer
Motie
Joseph/Roach
Seales
I'm an advocate for Reifer batting in the top 6

Oh well, then that should be the end of Cornwall.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I know Ebadot and Fizz are decent but I'm not sure about the others. Does anyone have any intel?
I don't rate any of them. Mustafizur has never fulfilled his promise in tests (especially with the early shoulder injury) and hasn't played an FC match since Feb '21. I wouldn't declare Ebadot decent at all yet, he's has one good test and most of the time has been more Rubel Hossain, hence the average of 54. Khaled is a very ordinary up-and-down fast medium bowler with an average (82) to match, a complete nonentity. Shohidal is an unknown, played only one T20 and Bang FC records unfortunately don't tell you all that much. And there's barely any footage of Raja, this thread is the first I'd even heard of him.

The only wild card is the Dukes ball may help them a bit, but if any of the pose a serious threat it will be an all-too-obvious indictment on just how bad WI's batting is.

Beamer

I don't rate any of them. Mustafizur has never fulfilled his promise in tests (especially with the early shoulder injury) and hasn't played an FC match since Feb '21. I wouldn't declare Ebadot decent at all yet, he's has one good test and most of the time has been more Rubel Hossain, hence the average of 54. Khaled is a very ordinary up-and-down fast medium bowler with an average (82) to match, a complete nonentity. Shohidal is an unknown, played only one T20 and Bang FC records unfortunately don't tell you all that much. And there's barely any footage of Raja, this thread is the first I'd even heard of him.

The only wild card is the Dukes ball may help them a bit, but if any of the pose a serious threat it will be an all-too-obvious indictment on just how bad WI's batting is.
We don't need any more evidence of how bad our batting is :laugh:

What I would say though is that if the Dukes ball helps Bangladesh's seamers, it is probably not good news for the Bangladesh batsmen facing ours. Last time they came to the Caribbean for tests they barely scored a run against Gabriel and Roach.

cnerd123

likes this
Antigua is likely to be a road no? Hopefully we can bat out for a draw, but recent results suggests we implode under the slightest bit of pressure.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Here's the squad.

I don't like tests in Antigua, they are so boring as the pitch has nothing in it at all usually. St Lucia is superb though, an excellent cricket wicket, aprticularly for seam.
That's even more random than I was expecting. Two I've never heard of and one I assumed had given up on the longer form of the game. Is Taskin injured or out of favour? And whatever happened to Robiul Islam and Abu Jayed, two seam bowlers who actually average under 40?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That's even more random than I was expecting. Two I've never heard of and one I assumed had given up on the longer form of the game. Is Taskin injured or out of favour? And whatever happened to Robiul Islam and Abu Jayed, two seam bowlers who actually average under 40?
Their top two bowlers, Taskin and Shoriful are injured. Abu Jayed is out of favor as selectors favor pace. No idea on Robiul.

Beamer

Antigua is likely to be a road no? Hopefully we can bat out for a draw, but recent results suggests we implode under the slightest bit of pressure.
Yep, 90% of the time it's a road that doesn;t do anything apart from spin slightly on day 4 and 5. Sometimes moisture enables the ball to spin on day 1 and then flatten out.

SillyCowCorner1

An update on scores for this practice match...

Bangladesh batted first and made 310/7 (97.0 overs)

Tamim made 162*
Shanto with 54

The President's XI are currently 70/0 (16/0 overs)

Tage on 40 (58)
Solozano on 26 (38)

Live Scorecard