• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting that the most experienced players, Henry, Patel and CDG all went at 2 or under, then all the younguns or relatively fresh black Caps went at least 4.33 and over

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In the Great Depression Kiwis ate water sandwiches with lard (a lot more calories/kilojoules). The way grocery prices are going they might make a comeback.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Kane getting a hit today, looking very good even if it's only 3 balls he's faced.

Latham getting struck in the crease and pushing at balls. He edged one for a four and the next ball was caught in the crease pushing at one edging third slip.

Young left an innie and out lbw. Not sure why he struggles to innies early in the inning. Has very good technique to deal with everything checked at him generally.

nzfan

Bugger... Jinxed Kane. A bit more bounce, hits the shoulder of the bat and caught at first slip.

This is only a warm up game and not to be taken too seriously but we have had few collapses of the top order since the wtc. India, Bangladesh, South Africa and vs the Dutch. One every series in fact.

nzfan

A very very close lbw shout turned down vs Conway. That looked very out but the umpire made up for what looked like a wrong lbw given in the first inning.

nzfan

Bugger... Don't think that was out. This one was lot less closer than the previous one. Tuned in to watch Kane and Devon but not to be. That means Devon will bang a hundred in the test match. He bagged a duck in the warm up game vs Bangladesh and then scored a hundred in the test match.

Still disappointed didn't get to watch much of both. Time to switch off and sleep.

nzfan

And now Blundell goes oh Lord... Hope they don't drop him and play Fletcher based on the fifty. Blundell is in my opinion way better batsman than Fletcher.

Good opportunity for Bracewell to score some runs today and get in the fifteen. I think he will be even if he scores a duck. It was all planned even before black caps left the shores. They released Rutherford in quick time and haven't played Ravindra. Tells me they had the fifteen in mind even before starting.

nzfan

19/6... Porter with figures of 5 for 6. Porter will be very disappointed it's not a first class game.

nzfan

Disappointingly there's no Cam or Bracewell. Southee comes out at 8. Why not Henry?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yikes! Just checked the score at half-time in the Waratahs-Blues. Who's this Jamie Porter and what's gone wrong with the batting?