• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's World Cup 2022

anil1405

International Captain
So the next game for NZ (v Eng) is pretty much like a knock out for both teams.

If WI win their next two games against Bangers and Pak they will have 8 points and will most likely go through.

Assuming India lose to Aus and win against Bangers their final game against Proteas will be a knock out.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess all us NZ fans can do now is keep the faith that we can beat England this weekend, but that won't be easy after their big performance yesterday.

Himannv

International Coach
du Preez hasn’t really convinced me this tournament. SA need to rethink their middle order a bit but I don’t think they have the resources to change it up. Kapp and Luus have saved them a few times now I think.

Could do with Lee finding some form as well.

Flem274*

123/5
damn, i was hoping Tryon's derpy shot to end all derpy shots was the beginning of the end.

mckay had a good game after i made doubtful noises when she came on to bowl offies towards the end. i would have preferred jess kerr to bowl the last.

we're going to miss devine when she's gone. carried this team today, kerr excepted.

south africa's top order are formidable. their rise in general over the past two years has been impressive. they have discovered some high quality players.

tony p

First Class Debutant
It's fair to say at least ONE of NZ & England won't make the finals, and potentially both may miss if other results go the wrong way for them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess all us NZ fans can do now is keep the faith that we can beat England this weekend, but that won't be easy after their big performance yesterday.
The most disappointing thing is with a very quiet summer in the men's program, it was set up really well for the White Ferns to gain a bit of following. The cricket has been enjoyable but if they miss the semis, which is a very real chance, obviously a fickle public isn't going to have a lot of interest in paying attention in the future.

It just doesn't look like they back their skills when the pressure is on - not sure whether that's a lack of big matches or what it is. The Windies game obviously they couldn't execute at the death, they folded to Australia after the 300-1 game in the warm-up, then yesterday they had it for the winning again but tactically and skills-wise couldn't shut down Kapp. Was quite telling that Tahuhu didn't bowl out and Devine chose to bowl herself, and the inability to get Kapp off strike with the field set was what cost them.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Not sure whether Suzie Bates is just out of form , or she's way past her best, Satterthwaite isn't getting any younger, Maddie Green get's out at very inopportune times.
Katey Martin can take a blinder, but drop a sitter, just saw that she is 37, who's the next best wicketkeeper.
Hannah Rowe looks pretty useful though, but they can't rely on Devine and the excellent no3 & leggie to win all their games.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In hindsight we should have picked Kate Ebrahim for the World Cup. Her results for NZ in the past were poor, but she was the best player in the Hallyburton Johnstone Shield (451 runs @75.16 - 5 50s in 7 innings) as she led Otago to the title. More batting at 5/6 would've given us 2 more wins. Anyway, huge game vs England.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
52 for 4. All the big guns back in the pavilion. Make hay Bangladesh!

Choking the life out of the Windies batters. Nation 2 off 19, Campbelle 1 off 14

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
60/5 after 29 overs.

Even if they somehow go at 6s for the last 22 overs (which looks incredibly unlikely) they'll only get 186.

Go at 4s, which is possible, they'll only get 144.