• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best team since Waugh/ Ponting’s Australia?

Best team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrish

International Debutant
Cronje's SA was actually a pretty good team. They were bit unlucky they coincided with that Aussie team. In any other era, they would have been top team and perhaps even dominated the scene.

Chrish

International Debutant

SA test result from readmisson till Cronje’s retirement in 2000. It’s a record of an excellent team.

subshakerz

International Coach
Cronje's SA was actually a pretty good team. They were bit unlucky they coincided with that Aussie team. In any other era, they would have been top team and perhaps even dominated the scene.
Yes, Cronjes team is underrated. Won in the subcontinent, whitewashed WI at home and had hard fought series with a near ATG Australian side. I think Kohlis India is around their level which is no insult.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cronje's South Africa were good but they could not beat the Aussie side even before they became ATGs at home. And the series they won in India is full of fxing issues. They are no way better than Virat's India. That is just laughably stupid.

subshakerz

International Coach
Cronje's South Africa were good but they could not beat the Aussie side even before they became ATGs at home. And the series they won in India is full of fxing issues. They are no way better than Virat's India. That is just laughably stupid.
That Australian side you are refering to was nearly ATG level, they had Warne, McGrath, Gillespie and the Waugh twins at their peak. No shame in losing to them, especially in a tight series. They are comfortably better than Kohli's team.

I didnt see any evidence that India with Tendulkar as captain fixed that test series to lose to SA. If it missed my attention, please point it out. I know the ODI series had issues though.

That SA side had peak Donald and Pollock, plus a more than decent batting lineup of Kirsten, Gibbs, Cullinan, Kallis, Cronje plus a strong lower order. Saying that it is stupid to compare them to Kohli's team is, well, stupid.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That Australian side you are refering to was nearly ATG level, they had Warne, McGrath, Gillespie and the Waugh twins at their peak. No shame in losing to them, especially in a tight series. They are comfortably better than Kohli's team.
NO they are not, given an even stronger team lost to India in India. Stop shifting goalposts to suit your agenda. Virat's team is EASILY better than Cronje's RSA even without his matchfixing. They also lost to India in India and I think to Pak in Pak as well.

And lol @ you calling anyone else's posts stupid. :laugh:

subshakerz

International Coach
NO they are not, given an even stronger team lost to India in India. Stop shifting goalposts to suit your agenda. Virat's team is EASILY better than Cronje's RSA even without his matchfixing. They also lost to India in India and I think to Pak in Pak as well.

And lol @ you calling anyone else's posts stupid. :laugh:
SA won in Pakistan also. They are a better team than you are giving them credit for.

Again, you are getting hyper, try and relax.

subshakerz

International Coach
We were crushed by Cronje's SA. They even beat us in India 2-0 in 99-00. And never dropped a test at their home. Head to head India did much better against Smith's SA.

View attachment 30497
I know, though to be fair Smith did face a better Indian team. I don't know why HB is so chagrined at the idea of comparing Kohli's team to Cronje's.

Status
Not open for further replies.