• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
169 is below par, however, batting second on this wicket might be difficult if Windies have the right bowlers bowling (spinners).

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Got to watch a fair bit of the match. My summary would be West Indies played the best shots but Australia played the best innings.

For example, Wyllie batted perfectly for the conditions, hardly took any risks and grinded out an unbeaten matchwinning knock. Whereas Auguste was the outstanding talent on the day and looked like he was batting on another level to everyone else in the match, but gave it away with a slog sweep after reaching 50.

Tbf I did think Australia's quicks looked more refined than ours. Mckenney can be quite quick on his day but he looked out of rythmn and Sankar is very medium pace at this stage. Hopefully Isaiah Thorne gets a game next.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whitney looks a potential menace with a bit more growing and bulking out.

I'm also sure it won't be long before we see Radhakrishnan in Shield cricket. Especially given his competition is Jarrod Freeman and Tom Andrews.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

I'm also sure it won't be long before we see Radhakrishnan in Shield cricket. Especially given his competition is Jarrod Freeman and Tom Andrews.
Radhakrishnan looks very confident, he will certainly have the mentality to make an impression in shield cricket.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saw that Wyllie doesn't turn 18 until April. Feels weird seeing guys younger than your little brother be MOTM in your countries U/19 team.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Of interest for me is the young left arm seamer from SA... Aphiwe Mnyanda. Haven’t seen him but heard he is a real talent from since he was 15. Be interested to see him bowl.
Watching Mnyanda bowl I wonder where SA are finding these left armers. The fast bowling production line continues onward!

Spark

Global Moderator

I switched off before he came on to bowl, did he end up bowling both right arm and left arm offies? Always love to see a bloke who does that.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I switched off before he came on to bowl, did he end up bowling both right arm and left arm offies? Always love to see a bloke who does that.
So did I haha, the Windies time zone is a bit rough. Judging by the Cricinfo comms it looks like he was changing it up, offbreaks to left handers then tried some left arm spin for the right handers. Worth looking at on the Kayo replay.

Speaking of which, with the hype around Brevis being AB's son I checked some of his batting this morning on the replay. Dude really has read the AB book of batting almost to the letter.