• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imagine how much sooner that would have ended if Latham had just given him a full spell earlier instead of all that short filth.

It was perfect bowling, two right at the stumps, then a change of angle, tossed up wider inviting a slog. Hook, line and sinker.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much better from NZ. Precisely the result their fans and the cricket world expected all along and which Bangladesh deserves.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a thought. Taylor bowled as none of the seamers could bowl because of the light. I wonder who would've bowled the next over at the other end if he hadn't taken the wicket? Latham, Young, Conway, or Nicholls?

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Interesting that Ian Anderson writing on Stuff today makes the exact same distinction around the word 'pace' that I had been calling for. I wonder....

Bangladesh did show New Zealand’s four-pronged ‘pace’ attack – which is more a weapon based on swing, seam, accuracy and bounce; rather than speed – can be blunted when surfaces bring low and slow bounce.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Course it can be blunted.

Which pace man are you suggesting comes in, and who goes out? And given you have been beating drums for Ajaz, how does that work? What's the XI if we were playing South Africa at the Mount next week?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Snippet from a widen podcast I listened to mentioned that cricviz stats showed that Bangladesh bowling at Mt Maunganui was one of the most wicket-to-wicket performances of recent years anywhere, and put this down to a good bowling plan / pitch reading by Otis Gibson.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Lyon making handy runs for his team again today. The improvement in his batting over the years has been a real credit to him. He’s got Australia to a total of over 300 today, and that might end up being vital in a low scoring game.

Contrast that with Southee who has gone backwards to the extent that he can’t even keep out rank full tosses and sets a pathetic example for the NZ lower order.

Now all I need is for some muppet who rates themselves as a cricket expert to totally miss the point and post ‘ooooeeerrrr.....Southee isn’t selected to score runs’.