• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2021/22

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Let's chat about the season so far, Free state did well to win the T20, looks like Natal and Gauteng got a lot of depth and wp been useless and northerns been underperforming for their depth.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's been interesting to me to see how South Africans who came over to NZ have been faring on their return. Particularly Malcolm Nofal and Obus Pienaar.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant

Bahseph

State Captain
No one seems to care about local domestic cricket here anymore :(
I do keep as up to date as possible with domestic cricket. Just been a busy year! I will comment on the fact that the two tier system and the return of the Kolpaks might actually be helping some youngsters develop quicker.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
I do keep as up to date as possible with domestic cricket. Just been a busy year! I will comment on the fact that the two tier system and the return of the Kolpaks might actually be helping some youngsters develop quicker.
True story, this new report though is trouble re our coach and doc, Also the system isn't developing enough African batsmen and the 3 africans at provincial level and 6 pocs isn't working, 80% of our pocs are bowlers.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
A quick scope around the 4 day comp...

Joshua Richards scoring a 150+, Mulder getting 50 n/o.
Heinrich Klaasen scoring 100+,Tony de Zorzi 97 and David Beddingham with 199, Stiaan van Zyl on 89.
G. Coetzee with 3 and Harmer getting 5

Good to see the matches back underway.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
A quick scope around the 4 day comp...

Joshua Richards scoring a 150+, Mulder getting 50 n/o.
Heinrich Klaasen scoring 100+,Tony de Zorzi 97 and David Beddingham with 199, Stiaan van Zyl on 89.
G. Coetzee with 3 and Harmer getting 5

Good to see the matches back underway.
Happy I am not only one who still seems to care about 4 days:) if we could find an open for elgar than Makram can go down the order or needs to be dropped, I like Richards as an opener, Harmer may be our best spinner in all formats and can bat proper, the rest above can all possibly strengthen 1-8 in the team or push the incumbents.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Note Qeshile and van Tonder does not appear to be playing this round? Unsure about why?
Van tonder's stats been bad is only reason I can think or injured and Q maybe injured also not batted great so far this year also would love them to push we need Q and tony to push temba or even be in team besides him less pressure to have rabada and lungi always playing.

Bahseph

State Captain
Wow the Dolphins pulled off a heist against the Lions. Especially as the Lions declared twice! I was actually thinking about Ackerman...how far off is he from international recognition?

Dendarii

International Debutant
I don't think Ackerman's played for South Africa A yet, so he's probably still a little way off. The next batsmen in line currently seem to be Rickelton, Hamza, Van Tonder, and De Zorzi.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't think Ackerman's played for South Africa A yet, so he's probably still a little way off. The next batsmen in line currently seem to be Rickelton, Hamza, Van Tonder, and De Zorzi.
Hamza does deserve another go imo. His technique went off the boil at the end of his first run but he looks like someone who is aiming to score. The feeling I get with Rassie is he always looks like he is in a struggle. Which is fine when we need him to dig in,but I'm not convinced he can change that style and bat big and transfer pressure regularly.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Wow the Dolphins pulled off a heist against the Lions. Especially as the Lions declared twice! I was actually thinking about Ackerman...how far off is he from international recognition?
Had a poor season last year. Good to see him back in the runs.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Hamza does deserve another go imo. His technique went off the boil at the end of his first run but he looks like someone who is aiming to score. The feeling I get with Rassie is he always looks like he is in a struggle. Which is fine when we need him to dig in,but I'm not convinced he can change that style and bat big and transfer pressure regularly.
I think Rickelton's ahead of Hamza for tests because he's also in the squad as the backup keeper. But Hamza played the ODI against the Netherlands and they've kept him for the India series, and they also brought him into the A side when the Netherlands series was cancelled, so he's definitely in the picture.

Bahseph

State Captain
Without QDK I assume he is always going to be in the team as a back up keeper/opener? I guess the jury is still out on Verreynne.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ackerman is turning into a nice player, and I would like to give him a shot. I do think van Tonder needs to be the next in line. He was highest run scorer for previous two seasons and is probably the biggest talent in SA at the moment. I would love to give Hamza a shot as well and think he was treated terribly but I also dont want selectors picking based on a conveyor belt line. If they can bring in Jansen they can do it for the batsmen and picked with greatest potential. It would a very different scenario if we had a settled line-up, but we are building from scratch. Breetzke is another than is starting to perform.

If nothing else they should be brave and pick youngsters for the LO side.