• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
To me the true "turning point" was stumps on Day 1, SA bowlers were clearly massively undercooked on that first day and India were able to exploit that for a decisive advantage in the Test that SA could never haul in. Since then the SA bowlers have consistently been on top against the Indian batsmen for the 5 1/2 innings following that.
Yeah very undercooked. Gave India a huge start in that first test.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I thought India could do it this series. They saw off a better on paper Australian team, albeit on about the best pitches they could have asked for, but in the end they couldn't put it together.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair performance from South Africa. Low point in their time, inexperienced side, down 1-0 against the best side in the world. Managed some great finds too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played SA. Two clinical chases in tough conditions under the sort of pressure they were under after the first test and QdK’s retirement.

Simply brilliant from Jansen, Elgar, Petersen and Bavuma in particular.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well done, RSA. I felt they were undercooked the first test too but I think the turning point was definitely Siraj breaking down. 3rd seamer numbers in the innings since shows you the difference between the two teams. Our batting was way too full of hubris in Jo'burg 2nd innings and we paid the price for thinking 240 was enough.

The new KP and Bavuma are good but I am afraid for RSA's sake they will be found out where you need more than 300 on the board. But with this bowling line up, you will always be competitive in SENA.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A wonderful series, and a wonderful advertisement for Test cricket. Lots will be said about India's loss and what it means to them and their legacy (which I don't think it tarnishes heavily - they're a superb cricket team), but there needs to be huge credit given to South Africa. To come from 1-0 down and then negotiate two potentially very tricky fourth innings chases so convincingly to win the series was fantastic. I hope they kick on from here - a resurgent South Africa can only be a good thing for the game.