• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at Hobart - 14-19 Jan 2022

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really do miss the England part-time seamer. Should get Jennings back in, him bowling 10 overs today would clearly enhance this situation.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Very predictable that England would let a promising position slip. I reckon Starc is licking his lips for some easy runs again.

The bowling attack again looks strange. Unless Anderson is knackered, I don't see why you'd leave him out. I was going to ask whether this is the most overs Wood has ever bowled in a series, but then, Australia haven't had to do much with their second innings. Either Root has no idea what to do with his bowlers or they just don't listen to what he asks.

halba

International 12th Man
this green is good. aussie's answer to a young jacques kallis.

300-350 is more than enough on a pitch that will wear and tear in the 2nd innings

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this green is good. aussie's answer to a young jacques kallis.

300-350 is more than enough on a pitch that will wear and tear in the 2nd innings
Was just thinking that Green has been very, very good this series. Valuable contributions with both bat and ball. Well worth persisting with.

halba

International 12th Man
Was just thinking that Green has been very, very good this series. Valuable contributions with both bat and ball. Well worth persisting with.
it also helps he has genuine ,movement ,pace, and is highly economical, gets the odd wicket just like jacques kallis,. we are now seeing his explosiveness with the bat. first genuine allrounder australia have had since james faulkner(who had discipline issues, never really could shine)

halba

International 12th Man
He should be better on a green pitch, but he just can't seem to adapt to away pitches, wherever they are. A complete homer of a bowler.
im really disappointed in the continual selection of him. it makes no sense. he wasnt good in the prior tests to warrant being re-selected as a frontline bowler.

and why is ollie robinson persisted with. the lack of fitness is a known issue.

edit: they've just got green out. still respectable.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** it's annoying that 10 overs of the worst test bowling you'll ever see has ended with a genuinely good 11th over

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Says a lot that on a pitch this green I think we've still left runs on the board.

Decent setup from Wood though tbf