• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

ashley bach

International Captain
I've got this on at home while I work so I am only able to dip in and out of it, but Kohli's off-side discipline has been exemplary from what I have seen. Is this the series winning partnership?
can't help but feel it is the series deciding partnership.
personally I'd find it hard to work at the moment, enthralling cricket at the moment, everything hanging on a thread.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
I've got this on at home while I work so I am only able to dip in and out of it, but Kohli's off-side discipline has been exemplary from what I have seen. Is this the series winning partnership?
It's been very good by both, but they're only one wicket away from a collapse with a lead of 130. Pitch still has something in it and it's going to be much harder for a new batsman.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I remember those knocks, saw them live on tv. Incredible batting. Even Sachin was struggling in that series from what I remember.

This game... That was just unbelievable. The man was truly great. I said two 70s but it was 80+ and 60+

The stats don't justify the mammoth effort and importance of those two knocks. Those don't go down as hundreds but every run was worth gold dust. Even the great Brian Lara struggled to lay bat on ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That can sometimes be a bit of reverse... And I`m not saying its easy to bat, just easier. Quality patient batsmen score runs in SA for good reason.
I am not sure about patient. Almost all good knocks I remember in SA have been played at a better than good SR. AB De Villiers was basically the difference between the sides in 2018. If he had stayed ****ing retired like he does against everyone else, this wont have been the final frontier now at all.

Spark

Global Moderator
I am not sure about patient. Almost all good knocks I remember in SA have been played at a better than good SR. AB De Villiers was basically the difference between the sides in 2018. If he had stayed ****ing retired like he does against everyone else, this wont have been the final frontier now at all.

Window

U19 Debutant
Actually looks like Sachin didn’t even play those games. Damn my memory is terrible. I do distinctly remember watching a series in WI where he was struggling but Dravid was doing quite well in that period where Sachin was down on form and Dravid was at his peak.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The only SA batsmen to avg above 50 in SA since readmission is Kallis, for good reason.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

This game... That was just unbelievable. The man was truly great. I said two 70s but it was 80+ and 60+

The stats don't justify the mammoth effort and importance of those two knocks. Those don't go down as hundreds but every run was worth gold dust. Even the great Brian Lara struggled to lay bat on ball.
haha... that is an exaggeration. He got done by an excellent ball from Sreesanth but he genuinely looked like he was taking off on one of his great knocks in the first innings there. Got a really good one from the 140+ kph Munaf who only existed for like 18 months.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only SA batsmen to avg above 50 in SA since readmission is Kallis, for good reason.
Yes but he also missed out on the post 2015 pitches which have been tougher even by RSA standards, right? Plus Kallis is a genius who could be an exception in many cases as far as batting is concerned.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but that is from the CEO era and the fact that you had another almost great knock that was played at a great SR in the very next innings kinda shows those are the exceptions. :)
Nah that pitch was doing plenty on Day 1. That's why those two innings by Marsh and Smith stick so well in the memory, they were seriously high quality innings. Either side of them, no one did anything at all.