• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
If Kohli bats out till lunch I think this is going to be a very memorable inning from him and could be the difference between a series win or a loss.

The man is refusing to play cover drives like Sachin Tendulkar did once and Kohli is not even out of touch or form. Ominous signs

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I've never seen Pant out of form. He either does something daft early doors to get out or he takes his time and plays like a dream. If Dravid does nothing of note other than drilling into him the importance of the latter, he'd have done Indian cricket a big favor.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah mate just a natural reaction. You don't have time to think I'll drop my bottom hand off and drop the ball at my feet. In any case the ball lobbed up towards point. Also right handers strong hand is left hand and that stays on the bat naturally. It's just that these are cliches and commentators use it lavishly.
No, but you can clearly see him play with a soft grip as the ball got closer. I have seen many batsmen do that, first time I saw was Kallis doing the same thing to some McGrath bouncers and Boycott telling us why he is a special talent coz he could do that as a 23 year old. And no, the strong hand is not the left hand for many right handers.

cnerd123

likes this
Like I said last game, I dont mind him going down the track at all, but when the ****ing ball is not there and is short, just let it go and try again later.
easy to say in hindsight. when he pulls the shot off it looks great. Here he was driving at a wide one away from his body, could have easily nicked it or sliced it to a fielder and we'd be talking smack about him.

Great partnership here. Forced Maharaj into the attack.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
easy to say in hindsight. when he pulls the shot off it looks great. Here he was driving at a wide one away from his body, could have easily nicked it or sliced it to a fielder and we'd be talking smack about him.

Great partnership here. Forced Maharaj into the attack.
Yeah and I am saying that risk is ok coz he played a cover drive throwing his hands at the ball even today. There is a better percentage off that shot than whatever he tried last game.

ashley bach

International Captain
these 2 really turning things back in India's favour.
Sanity just has to say we're cooked and you can be sure India will be on the comeback trail:)

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Can Kohli get another 70 in this inning and emulate his coach Rahul Dravid? Remember vividly Rahul Dravid scoring 2 70s in WI to win a test match and the series. Two of the very best 70s I've watched in a test match. That pitch was a minefield. Probably in 2000s when Brian Lara was captaining the side.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got this on at home while I work so I am only able to dip in and out of it, but Kohli's off-side discipline has been exemplary from what I have seen. Is this the series winning partnership?

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
Can Kohli get another 70 in this inning and emulate his coach Rahul Dravid? Remember vividly Rahul Dravid scoring 2 70s in WI to win a test match and the series. Two of the very best 70s I've watched in a test match. That pitch was a minefield. Probably in 2000s when Brian Lara was captaining the side.
Memorable match for Indian fans

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Like I said last game, I dont mind him going down the track at all, but when the ****ing ball is not there and is short, just let it go and try again later.
Not talking about you! That shot was terrible and Pant should have looked at the context of the game. But he has played some risky shots in this innings as well, it's looking good coz it's coming off. I am just talking about how people react in general(especially the commies who are supposed to be more constructive than the average viewers).

Window

U19 Debutant
Yeah I remember those knocks, saw them live on tv. Incredible batting. Even Sachin was struggling in that series from what I remember.

anil1405

International Captain
I've got this on at home while I work so I am only able to dip in and out of it, but Kohli's off-side discipline has been exemplary from what I have seen. Is this the series winning partnership?
Not yet. Long way to go and Elgar showed what he can do in the last test.