• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I know people here were for Ishant over Yadav but I would have still gone with Ishant. Yadav is just too wayward and expensive too much of the time. And given the Indian bowling in the last innings in the last Test, they need to have someone who can keep it accurate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know people here were for Ishant over Yadav but I would have still gone with Ishant. Yadav is just too wayward and expensive too much of the time. And given the Indian bowling in the last innings in the last Test, they need to have someone who can keep it accurate.
Usually I am not a fan of playing more than one of Shami/Umesh away from home, especially in SENA but I think Umesh post pandemic has turned a bit of a corner. And Ishant has been in poor rhythm and form ever since his comeback from injury, one good game notwithstanding, and even there he bowled way too many no-balls. Hopefully he can take more rest and rediscover his best bowling form. But right now, we need nostrils at his best to win this series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really depends how Ishant's been bowling tbf.

He wasn't very accurate post injury. Yadav is a gamble but I don't mind it, can be unplayable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, South Africa have to recalibrate their plans for Virat. I think he has had to play at like 15/16 of the 65 balls he faced so far. Not a great plan.

Daemon

Also, South Africa have to recalibrate their plans for Virat. I think he has had to play at like 15/16 of the 65 balls he faced so far. Not a great plan.
They really have just tried to bait him into his weakness. This is part of the issue though, he doesn't punish when they stray too far so they feel they can just keep doing that forever.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They really have just tried to bait him into his weakness. This is part of the issue though, he doesn't punish when they stray too far so they feel they can just keep doing that forever.
Yeah but I feel this wicket has a bit more in it for them to try the bore him out tactic. Also, its fair enough to try early on but now its time to switch it up IMO.

cnerd123

likes this
I think he's playing it perfectly tbh. He keeps nicking off when driving away from his body, and if he's not fixed that yet then he's just got to abandon the shot and grind it out.

Hopefully at some point it all clicks and he's into the next gear.

Goal for Che and Kohli should be to force Elgar into bringing Maharaj on to bowl.

Daemon

I think he's playing it perfectly tbh. He keeps nicking off when driving away from his body, and if he's not fixed that yet then he's just got to abandon the shot and grind it out.

Hopefully at some point it all clicks and he's into the next gear.

Goal for Che and Kohli should be to force Elgar into bringing Maharaj on to bowl.
I agree. He was practicing the cut shot in the dressing room earlier just before Mayank got out. Hopefully he's working on it.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the graphic they show for the partnership shows Kohli with the bent knee of the gods and Pujara barely being in control of a pull.