• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim David Watch

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm starting to think it might actually be a good idea. RIP Singapore though.
Tbf I don't know if he'll even pick Singapore over one of the franchise leagues atm to be quite honest. So we lose out either way.

It definitely makes more sense career wise to go for the T20 league stuff and make a name for himself there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf I don't know if he'll even pick Singapore over one of the franchise leagues atm to be quite honest.
He definitely wouldn't IMO. It was just a way to get some sort of gig better than Perth Premier Cricket. It's worked out great for him too.

Daemon

Yeah he was dropped from the BBL and this helped him pick up a contract with Hobart.

Daemon

David will be in the Finals of the CPL tonight

He is the third highest run scorer for the St Lucia Kings, averaging 38.85 at an SR of 148.

SillyCowCorner1

David will be in the Finals of the CPL tonight

He is the third highest run scorer for the St Lucia Kings, averaging 38.85 at an SR of 148.
The partnership with the other David was flawless. An exhibition in death-over batting. Clean hitting.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I wasn't initially a fan of pushing timmy down to 6 for weiss when it was first done but it seems to be working out very well. Don't think hey'll remove stoinis any time soon considering his overall t20I numbers down the order and his ipl performances, but great to see him do well either way.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting rule, and I can see the thinking behind it. But it must be hard to enforce where there's a borderline case of a batsman not quite completing the first run. At what point does this become a deliberate tactic to sacrifice the first run in order to get the better batsman back on strike?

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting rule, and I can see the thinking behind it. But it must be hard to enforce where there's a borderline case of a batsman not quite completing the first run. At what point does this become a deliberate tactic to sacrifice the first run in order to get the better batsman back on strike?
I mean at that point, why go through the effort of running at all? Just stay where you are and hog the strike.

Which is absolutely a tactic that teams are going to start employing more and more once they really have a proper look at the data btw. Can't believe the number of times you see teams at the back end of T20s and ODIs putting a far worse/less set batsman or even a tailender on strike and waste a valuable boundary opportunity (or two, or three) just to get one run.

Bijed

International Regular
Would it just be easier to make any short run cancel out both of the runs that in forms part of? I've wondered before as to why if the first run is short, the second would be counted as correct even though you literally start from an incorrect place (I think ***** did come up with an answer) and if it was changed so that a short run cancelled out both runs, it would a) (imo) make more sense generally and b) remove the potential for a tricky call on a deliberate short run as if you'd usually intend to do what David did, you might as well not bother as a short run would leave you in exactly the same poisiton as if you'd just not run at all

TheJediBrah

I mean at that point, why go through the effort of running at all? Just stay where you are and hog the strike.
Oh that's easy, because you get 1 run v no runs if you stay (theoretically)

Problem with the rule is it's ambiguous and there has to be a specific point where the short run becomes punishable, and what is it? A metre? 50cm?

Shady Slim

International Coach

Which is absolutely a tactic that teams are going to start employing more and more once they really have a proper look at the data btw. Can't believe the number of times you see teams at the back end of T20s and ODIs putting a far worse/less set batsman or even a tailender on strike and waste a valuable boundary opportunity (or two, or three) just to get one run.
reckon it's a probably fair response to non-analytically minded fans who focus on outcome rather than dominant strategies

because if you're the batsman who hogs the strike and don't fire on the subsequent balls, you're going to get piled onto by chuds who don't realise that decisionmaking by analytics isn't a salve that always wins, just maximises your chances of the optimal outcome. shouldn't be that way obvs but when dealing with the chuds...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
reckon it's a probably fair response to non-analytically minded fans who focus on outcome rather than dominant strategies

because if you're the batsman who hogs the strike and don't fire on the subsequent balls, you're going to get piled onto by chuds who don't realise that decisionmaking by analytics isn't a salve that always wins, just maximises your chances of the optimal outcome. shouldn't be that way obvs but when dealing with the chuds...
Just tag TJB next time.