• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where should the fifth test be played

where should the fifth test be played

• melbourne

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • sydney

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • hobart

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • canberra

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • here, there, everywhere

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just wish that Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would get a match in Sydney not in school holidays and see how many people turn up.
Give the match to Hobart if it can’t be played in Perth.
Why? I mean I'm an SCG member and am happy to see as much sport there as possible, but it would just be woeful. You'd be better off scheduling the First Grade match of the round there.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Why? I mean I'm an SCG member and am happy to see as much sport there as possible, but it would just be woeful. You'd be better off scheduling the First Grade match of the round there.
You’re right it would be woeful and yes there are some who would turn up no matter who’s playing, however it would be significantly reduced. I don’t see why CA shouldn’t start acting like CA not CNSW or CVIC.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
off the top of my head they've had tests against NZ and SA in the last ten years, teams consistently pushing to be one of the top three or four sides in the world and competing at the pointy end for major honours in LO cricket. they can't complain about not having good enough opposition to come watch.
In all seriousness, only England and India get consistently strong crowds here IMO, without mentioning that NZ ten years ago were not the team they are today. Those matches started on 9 December and 11 November, part @The Battlers Prince's contention is that Sydney wouldn't get the crowds they do if they had matches at that time rather than the start of January. I think he has a point.

Starfighter

WA should piss off. If maintaining zero covid cases is that important and requires such extreme measures, they can remain isolated from the rest of the world forever. It's their prerogative and there's no reason anyone else should accommodate them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WA should piss off. If maintaining zero cover cases is that important, they can remain isolated from the rest of the world forever. It's their prerogative and there's no reason anyone else should accommodate them.
I'd even consider removing Green and Richardson from the squad tbh.

Burgey

i mean if hobart people wanted test matches maybe they could have actually attended one at any point in the last decade
You can't seriously expect people to part with their hard earned if they're being offered out-of-holiday matches mostly against the likes of SL, NZ and Pakistan, who usually lose a limb when they arrive in this country.

Burgey

Yeah was an epic. But it was a bit out of the blue compared with how they've played over here the past decade or so. Not having a shot at them in saying that - most Kiwi supporters on here acknowledge there seems to be some sort of mental block going on with playing Aus.

Burgey

Test officially going to be moved. The seven people who would have attended will be devastated. New venue tba.

Starfighter

While I have no problems with Perth losing the test due to the **** in charge, it should be said that it was blindingly clear that WA would be the special child and that holding the first test there might have been a solution.

That said I don't remember what quarantine requirements McGowan wanted and I seem to remember that was a big sticking point with the english players.

Burgey

I think it was a big sticking point with them before the tour went ahead and schedule settled maybe? Agree they should have played the first test there and second in Brisbane though.

Would have been 2-0 up inside 5 days and could afford to rest drop a couple of bowlers later in the series.

howardj

International Coach
In a perfect world, Tasmania

But it invariably rains down there, and the revenue and crowds are much bigger at the SCG/Adelaide/MCG