• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I can't remember the particular rule exactly, but isn't it something to do with an external injury vs a non-external injury? And that determines how long you have to wait before you can bat again?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats not particularly relevant.

And even then, has a player had a sub fielder twice, sandwiched around an innings? It's a massive piss take. I don't really care, he's a bog average batsman and the reserve keeper isn't better than him. But if he has an injury so bad that he can't keep twice, that's not in keeping with being able to bat for hours on end.

It has nothing to do with whether we lose or win. But it's a bit of a joke
Saha had to bat with his stance completely turned around. Keeping with a neck injury doing 300 squats in a row would be way harder.

And what exactly do you suggest India do? Theres nothing cynical about it because if India wanted to game the system they'd have done it by picking Bharath and pretending he was injured while on the field so Saha could do it. You blokes are whining about nothing. Embarrassing stuff.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thats not particularly relevant.

And even then, has a player had a sub fielder twice, sandwiched around an innings? It's a massive piss take. I don't really care, he's a bog average batsman and the reserve keeper isn't better than him. But if he has an injury so bad that he can't keep twice, that's not in keeping with being able to bat for hours on end.

It has nothing to do with whether we lose or win. But it's a bit of a joke
So your point is that there should never be substitute fielders allowed ever? Otherwise, you don't have one.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Saha had to bat with his stance completely turned around. Keeping with a neck injury doing 300 squats in a row would be way harder.

And what exactly do you suggest India do? Theres nothing cynical about it because if India wanted to game the system they'd have done it by picking Bharath and pretending he was injured while on the field so Saha could do it. You blokes are whining about nothing. Embarrassing stuff.
I just said mate, I don't care. Its just a piss take. When you bat, you stand side on with your neck turned. If you're playing shots, and you can bat for 2 hours,you are capable of sucking it up and keeping.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So your point is that there should never be substitute fielders allowed ever? Otherwise, you don't have one.
Cmon. I'm suggesting if you can score 60 and play attacking shots and never showing many signs at all of being hurt, you should be keeping now. I'll judge the other substitute fielder examples as they come up- I'm only talking about Saha

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The stupid discussion about some of the kiwi posters whining has taken away from the real topic at hand. Sommerville looks very capable to play time, Doull mentioned something like him averaging 18 overs when he comes out to bat in tests. And Rahane continuing his absolutely clueless captaincy by bowling our seamers when conditions are ripe for spin or swing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cmon. I'm suggesting if you can score 60 and play attacking shots and never showing many signs at all of being hurt, you should be keeping now. I'll judge the other substitute fielder examples as they come up- I'm only talking about Saha
Again, did you even see him bat? He was feeling his injury even when he had to run singles or twos and turn his neck around to see the ball. He was getting treatment literally every break and he still came out to keep for 2 overs when we bowled. He just could not do it with a sprained neck.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for confirming you didnt even watch while saha was batting. He changed his stance to ape chanderpaul because he couldnt turn his head.
Haha, no he didn't. I'm watching it right now on another channel. He opened his stance somewhat but hardly as you're describing it. Dont get carried away,I'm not looking for excuses. We weren't good enough to dismiss him.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The stupid discussion about some of the kiwi posters whining has taken away from the real topic at hand. Sommerville looks very capable to play time, Doull mentioned something like him averaging 18 overs when he comes out to bat in tests. And Rahane continuing his absolutely clueless captaincy by bowling our seamers when conditions are ripe for spin or swing.
Very much a number 10 but done okay enough a couple of times, had a valuable partnership with Watling on debut in the deciding test in the UAE.

Would be cool if he could eat up some time here. He’s 37 now, and unlikely to play a lot more tests - will probably be replaced by Wagner for Mumbai, and won’t be picked for home tests.

Flem274*

123/5
Somerville doing a great job. Already done one. His currency is balls faced. It will infuriate India so much if he stays in from now.

Feel bad for ishant and yadav. Looks miserable for them.