• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The spinners have been mediocre but havent really been helped by the fields have they? Really have no clue what KW has been doing today. Has let India off the hook massively. Lack of slips to the pacers, no short leg to the spinners, not plugging third man all day. Very confusing.
Yeah not one of his better days for sure as skipper. Is this what captaining SRH has done to him?

nzfan

Seeing what's going on as in India not having a go yet and the fieldset we've set both captains must be thinking it's a flat pitch still but not good enough to score quickly. Can't see any other reason.

nzfan

I'm not seeing any turn whatsoever from Somerville. Straight as an arrow. He's not a part timer by any means.

Moss

I'm not seeing any turn whatsoever from Somerville. Straight as an arrow. He's not a part timer by any means.
I’d hope that gives some real belief to NZ’s batting that they can do well in the 4th innings and not get unnecessarily worried, even though I fully expect the Indian spin trio to extract whatever’s available.

Flem274*

123/5
Knee jerk but pretty convinced the home game balance should be 4 quicks and mitchell/ravindra even after a few impending retirements

Moss

Knee jerk but pretty convinced the home game balance should be 4 quicks and mitchell/ravindra even after a few impending retirements
Think 4 fast bowlers is a lock in at home anyway, possibly one last roll of the dice for CdG. Will be interesting to see what happens for the England tour, where you *might* need a spinner over 3 tests. And there’s a tour to UAE later next year.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Think 4 fast bowlers is a lock in at home anyway, possibly one last roll of the dice for CdG. Will be interesting to see what happens for the England tour, where you *might* need a spinner over 3 tests. And there’s a tour to UAE later next year.
Think the tour is supposed to be to Pakistan isn't it?