• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The unexpected potential silver lining/ bad news for NSW after that game was that Hughes now seems to have put his hand up for the other opener position. Two decent knocks in an otherwise turgid display of what one might positively describe as mediocrity by the New South Wales batting.

stephen

I don't see how Patto being a bit of a prick is in any way a negative. He's a pace bowler ffs. It's his job to want to hurt you by slinging down a rock at you at 150kph from 20 yards away. His attitude should be celebrated.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The unexpected potential silver lining/ bad news for NSW after that game was that Hughes now seems to have put his hand up for the other opener position. Two decent knocks in an otherwise turgid display of what one might positively describe as mediocrity by the New South Wales batting.
If Hughes hadn’t scored runs in that game he would’ve been a reasonable shot of being dropped. Should still be a fair way off international selection.

TheJediBrah

I hope you're joking

stephen

If Hughes hadn’t scored runs in that game he would’ve been a reasonable shot of being dropped. Should still be a fair way off international selection.
He's still one of the most consistent performers over the last few years. He needed to regain some form, and now that he seems to have, if he can keep it up then he should probably be given higher place than some of the other likely candidates who are proven failures at international level.

Burgey

More to the point of my original post, Pattinson doesn't actually face any trouble from throwing it at his feet, so it's not like I can get upset at him. If you can't beat them, beat them up.

if cricket was a normal sport and Pattinson actually could be taken out of the game for doing whatever he was trying to do (at best, I can only think that was he attempting to intermediate Hughes which is ...yeah) I could perhaps understand jumping through hoops to try to defend because he's surely not dumb enough to risk getting kicked from the game on day 4, but as it is, he's clearly just being a piece of **** like plenty an Australian bowler before him, and its a systematic issue that needs to be stop before someone does get seriously injured

Also he's basically a pom now so the ECB should answer for this
Who hurt you?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah nah street and hunt are closer to an Australian call up then carder and there still a great season or Australia a performances away from the squad.

Chubb

International Regular
Also, looks like Murray Goodwin's son is in line for his WA dayboo
Absolute gun by all accounts, excited to see how he goes. First heard of him when his dad was at Glamorgan, apparently he single handedly carried their age group teams. Don’t know much about WA but recall Goodwin telling a Zimbabwean cricket podcast that he was the first kid based in Bunbury to get on the WACA elite program or something.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Absolute gun by all accounts, excited to see how he goes. First heard of him when his dad was at Glamorgan, apparently he single handedly carried their age group teams. Don’t know much about WA but recall Goodwin telling a Zimbabwean cricket podcast that he was the first kid based in Bunbury to get on the WACA elite program or something.
Only player picked for WA Second XI before playing Perth first grade too I think, at least if you exclude any interstate imports.

Chubb

International Regular
Only player picked for WA Second XI before playing Perth first grade too I think, at least if you exclude any interstate imports.
That might be what he meant, he was playing grade cricket in Bunbury not Perth.

also did not know Murray was a Mormon,by reputation he is not very observant to say the least ?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Deck looks pretty lively tbf

The difference between your average Shield Gabba deck and your average Test Gabba deck truly is vast indeed