• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2022 World Cup

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Couldn’t see another thread already, anyway that was bloody efficient tonight. Could have been 8.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hungarian keeper had an absolute mare, but I don't think 4-0 flattered us massively.

Their fans lived down to their reputation though.

Couple of other interesting results, Bulgaria getting a point in Italy and Sweden dicking Espana.

Good win for Norn Iron too, but they really need to back it up with another against the Swiss to give themselves any chance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, the cups at Sterling a lovely touch from them.

felt bad for Gulacsi, remember him fondly from his loan spell with us, but he had a mare

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A bit like “the special one” was at Real Madrid. Scoring lots of goals against weaker opposition but get stodgy and defensive in the big games and try to grind out results. 328 million watched the Euro Final.
Very strange blue kit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know they're faintly two bob nowadays, but Eire losing 1-0 to Azerbaijan at home still surprising to me.

Just over 20 minutes to turn it around.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I didn't know Ireland were faintly two bob now and was kinda shocked when I looked up their recent results. Under the current manager their record is W1, D6, L8 (including today's 1-1). The one win was a friendly in Andorra.

1630778555012.png

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We have an entirely new team for the match today.

• 1 Johnstone
  • 2 James
  • 6 Mings
  • 5 Coady
  • 3 Trippier
  • 7 Bellingham
  • 8 Henderson
  • 4 Alexander-Arnold
  • 10 Lingard
  • 9 Bamford
  • 11 Saka

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We have an entirely new team for the match today.

• 1 Johnstone
  • 2 James
  • 6 Mings
  • 5 Coady
  • 3 Trippier
  • 7 Bellingham
  • 8 Henderson
  • 4 Alexander-Arnold
  • 10 Lingard
  • 9 Bamford
  • 11 Saka
I know it's Andorra, but that really is the selectorial equivalent of spinning the ball on your finger, isn't it?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
2 points in 2 games for Kenya against the regional rivals in the WCQs. Really not making it easy on ourselves before the double header against Mali.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whoever is doing the live feed on the BBC's site said:
Hot dog, jumping frog... Ricard Fernandez is on for Alburquerque.
Not enough Prefab Sprout references in connection with Andorran substitutes, IMHO.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Brazil v Argentina abandoned shortly after kick off because two Argentina players should have been isolating. The full story isn’t out yet but it sounds farcical.