• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim David Watch

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1630121812939.png

Born in Singapore to a former Singapore cricketer, moved back to Australia when he was ~2 or so.

Started his professional cricketing career with the Perth Scorchers where on his second ball he nervelessly bopped WTC Champion Will Somerville over long on for a big six. Rather unjustly, he would only get 2 more batting opportunities that season where he played a couple of cameos.

Discarded for the BBL 18/19 and 19/20 season, he decided to return to Singapore for a shot an international cricket.

In that period he played 14 T20Is and scored 588 runs at an average of 46.5 and SR of 158, in the process achieving the following for himself/Singapore:

• Beating Zimbabwe in a T20I
  • Beating Scotland in a T20I
  • Beating Hong Kong in a T20I (not a big achievement but it's good to rub it in @cnerd123)
  • Rank 20 in T20Is, which means if it sustains we qualify for the 2024 T20 WC unless there's a qualification pathway which robs us
  • 3rd highest T20I strike rate

Since then he's gone on to play in nearly all the major T20 franchise comps around the world, including the BBL, CPL, PSL and even the Hundred. Most recently, he's been added to the RCB squad in the IPL.

Some numbers:

Tournament/FormatRunsAverageSR
Royal London One-Day Cup 202134068.00150.44
BBL 20/2127931.00153.29
PSL 20/2118045.00166.66
T20 Career1,24236.52157.41
List A Career70978.77121.82

Other notable mentions include an appearance in the finals for the The Hundred where he hit 15(6) in the finals and effected a match winning run out and diving catch.

Just yesterday he scored 56 (28) in a CPL game for the St Lucia Kings out of a total of 135.

Fully expect him to replace Steve Smith soon and take over Australian captaincy from the pathetic Tim Paine.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 29023

Born in Singapore to a former Singapore cricketer, moved back to Australia when he was ~2 or so.

Started his professional cricketing career with the Perth Scorchers where on his second ball he nervelessly bopped WTC Champion Will Somerville over long on for a big six. Rather unjustly, he would only get 2 more batting opportunities that season where he played a couple of cameos.

Discarded for the BBL 18/19 and 19/20 season, he decided to return to Singapore for a shot an international cricket.

In that period he played 14 T20Is and scored 588 runs at an average of 46.5 and SR of 158, in the process achieving the following for himself/Singapore:

• Beating Zimbabwe in a T20I
  • Beating Scotland in a T20I
  • Beating Hong Kong in a T20I (not a big achievement but it's good to rub it in @cnerd123)
  • Rank 20 in T20Is, which means if it sustains we qualify for the 2024 T20 WC unless there's a qualification pathway which robs us
  • 3rd highest T20I strike rate

Since then he's gone on to play in nearly all the major T20 franchise comps around the world, including the BBL, CPL, PSL and even the Hundred. Most recently, he's been added to the RCB squad in the IPL.

Some numbers:

Tournament/FormatRunsAverageSR
Royal London One-Day Cup 202134068.00150.44
BBL 20/2127931.00153.29
PSL 20/2118045.00166.66
T20 Career1,24236.52157.41
List A Career70978.77121.82

Other notable mentions include an appearance in the finals for the The Hundred where he hit 15(6) in the finals and effected a match winning run out and diving catch.

Just yesterday he scored 56 (28) in a CPL game for the St Lucia Kings out of a total of 135.

Fully expect him to replace Steve Smith soon and take over Australian captaincy from the pathetic Tim Paine.
ok

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cmon, let's take this serious. I love the cut of this Tim David guy's jib.

Is he qualified for Australia?
Appreciation threads should never be serious, particularly on cricketweb, it's history and something to do with Rikki Clarke I think, I kinda forget nowadays.

It's just a bit creepy for grown men to seriously idolize other grown men, I apologize to anyone that thought my Ravi Bopara thread was genuine idolatry.

Tim David seems alright, but if he becomes Aussie he'll be a **** OBVS.