• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Tom Flint

International Regular
Mine is

Kraigg Braithwaite
Evin Lewis
Nicholas Pooran
Nkrumah Bonner
Shimron Hetmeyer
Josh Da Silva (wk)
Kyle Mayers
Jason Holder
Rakheem Cornwall
Veerasammy Permaul/Shannon Gabriel
Jayden Seales

I'd rest Kemar, SL offers him nothing to work with. Chase and Powell get dropped. I'd have Shai Hope, Darren Bravo, Shamarh Brooks and Chemar Holder in reserve.
What about blackwood

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It's official: England have stolen another one of our best talents

Obviously I understand people who are eligible will probably choose England for the money and opportunity. But the proactive recruitment of Warwickshire and Surrey of the likes of Bethel, Reifer and young Che Simmons is absolutely disgusting. We need a compensation system in place as there is no point in us doing all the work to develop these players if England are just going to steal them when they get to 17/18/19.

I reckon Warwickshire should owe the Barbados cricket board £100K for each or something similar. At least make it fair.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Windies will announced their WC squad at 2PM today....3 and a half hours time.

I expect a few surprise picks and omissions...namely Sinclair, Edwards, and Walsh

Aritro

International Regular
It's official: England have stolen another one of our best talents

Obviously I understand people who are eligible will probably choose England for the money and opportunity. But the proactive recruitment of Warwickshire and Surrey of the likes of Bethel, Reifer and young Che Simmons is absolutely disgusting. We need a compensation system in place as there is no point in us doing all the work to develop these players if England are just going to steal them when they get to 17/18/19.

I reckon Warwickshire should owe the Barbados cricket board £100K for each or something similar. At least make it fair.
**** this ****. I hope they all amount to **** all.

As if all the stolen treasures in the British Museum weren't enough.

SillyCowCorner1

Squad has been announced:

BB34D30F-542F-4EBE-A6EB-03E9BB003E4D.jpeg

Ravi Rampaul and Roston Chase inclusion was inevitable.

Disappointed that there is no Sherfane Rutherford.

What’s Darren Bravo’s purpose anymore?

SillyCowCorner1

I think Shepherd would have been a good pick.

IDK maybe he’s not favored by Pollard because he dismissed Pollard 3 times in two games this CPL

Beamer

Squad has been announced:

View attachment 29244

Ravi Rampaul and Roston Chase inclusion was inevitable.

Disappointed that there is no Sherfane Rutherford.

What’s Darren Bravo’s purpose anymore?
All in all not a bad squad. Shame Rutherford isn;t a reserve ahead of Darren Bravo. I would let Jason Holder rest personally, what's the point in him being a reserve?

Beamer

Is Holder really not a first choice in your T20 team?
It's his role that's the problem. Dre Russ and Bravo are better T20 all rounders than him and his bowling, whilst decent, struggles in the powerplay. I can see why he isn't included, apart from spin bowling, the selectors had tough choices to make.

SillyCowCorner1

Jesus, Gayle is a ****ing moron
This is when ego gets the better of someone.
The fact that he keeps on calling himself Universe Boss, and yet Sabina Park hasn’t changed its name to Christopher Henry Gayle Stadium…

Darren Sammy got the Beausejour Stadium to change to his name

Beamer

Other perspective is that all past players seem to do is have a go at the modern players and offer nothing constructive. So I have some sympathy with him and this generation.

Though what I will say is that Curtly is offering something to the current team, having toured with the Under 19's and generally putting himself out there. The likes of Andy Roberts, for example, just cuss them all out and never have anything positive to say at all. I'm fed up with him.

So, in summary, I understand Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard's frustration and his general point about lack of support for the ATG T20 side that is going for it's third World Cup, but I think he's picking the wrong target.

Aritro

International Regular
This is when ego gets the better of someone.
The fact that he keeps on calling himself Universe Boss, and yet Sabina Park hasn’t changed its name to Christopher Henry Gayle Stadium…

Darren Sammy got the Beausejour Stadium to change to his name
Hahaha I always found it funny it was named after him. Did he really initiate that ?

SillyCowCorner1

The first of two 'Best versus Best' matches kicked off today at the Coolidge Cricket Ground in Antigua.

Team Blackwood got the first strike and are 234/4 after 87 overs at the end of the day's play.

Nkrumah Bonner is unbeaten on 90 (200 balls, 7x4; 2x6). The next best score is 39 off the bat of Kavem Hodge and Shayne Moseley, who opened the batting along with Kieran Powell (31 off 58 balls).

The spinner for Team Brathwaite combined for 3 of the 4 wickets. Rahkeem with 2 wickets for 52 and Permaul with 1 for 52. Preston McSween picked up the remaining wicket.

The foundation is set for a big score as Bonner will be looking to pile on the runs along with the other overnight batsman, Raymon Reifer