• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Mine is

Kraigg Braithwaite
Evin Lewis
Nicholas Pooran
Nkrumah Bonner
Shimron Hetmeyer
Josh Da Silva (wk)
Kyle Mayers
Jason Holder
Rakheem Cornwall
Veerasammy Permaul/Shannon Gabriel
Jayden Seales

I'd rest Kemar, SL offers him nothing to work with. Chase and Powell get dropped. I'd have Shai Hope, Darren Bravo, Shamarh Brooks and Chemar Holder in reserve.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So what on earth do we do now? The batting is still shocking and there is no fc cricket to identify alternatives. So surely now is the time for Roger Harper and co to throw out the rule book and take some risks.

Surely we can't go to SL with this same exact group after all this failure?

What's your squad for SL in October?
Will they do any FC matches atll? Surely something needs to be organised.

Would be strange to abandon it all when theyd just restructured the comp

WICFan

U19 Captain
So what on earth do we do now? The batting is still shocking and there is no fc cricket to identify alternatives. So surely now is the time for Roger Harper and co to throw out the rule book and take some risks.

Surely we can't go to SL with this same exact group after all this failure?

What's your squad for SL in October?
Is the Sri Lanka tour not 2022?

Beamer

Will they do any FC matches atll? Surely something needs to be organised.

Would be strange to abandon it all when theyd just restructured the comp
Possibly a best v best game again but it doesn't really do the job.

Beamer

Yep, it's been a failure.
In fairness, it's better than nothing and it did at least demonstrate that Jayden Seales was ready, which turned out to be absolutely correct.

But Brooks and Chase scoring runs doesn;t really help anything. We need to expose more players, otherwise they won;t have played FC for 2 years!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope they don't forget about Brandon King. A red ball cricketer, but only got to play for West Indies because of his one good season playing for the (OUR) Guyana Amazon Warriors.

Aritro

International Regular
Surely with some actual red ball cricket behind them, some of these guys have the talent to make it? Pooran, Lewis... these are top class batting talents? Surely?

So frustrating watching the Windies potentially throwing away a generation of top class quicks by struggling to make 150.

Beamer

Surely with some actual red ball cricket behind them, some of these guys have the talent to make it? Pooran, Lewis... these are top class batting talents? Surely?

So frustrating watching the Windies potentially throwing away a generation of top class quicks by struggling to make 150.
Having thrown away a generation of test class bats (Lara, Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul) by having rubbish bowling :(

Aritro

International Regular
^Hety as well. It's not like there's not enough good bats coming through, seems to me they've just had their red ball prospects torpedoed by fixturing and logistics.

Which is heartbreaking.

Beamer

^Hety as well. It's not like there's not enough good bats coming through, seems to me they've just had their red ball prospects torpedoed by fixturing and logistics.

Which is heartbreaking.
We haven't helped ourselves by implementing archaic selection principles. In this age where many of our best talents don't play red ball cricket, we needed to show some innovation to get them involved. We have singularly failed on that front, particularly Roger Harper et all.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We haven't helped ourselves by implementing archaic selection principles. In this age where many of our best talents don't play red ball cricket, we needed to show some innovation to get them involved. We have singularly failed on that front, particularly Roger Harper et all.
I'm sure that et al also involves Jimmy Adams and Phil Simmons.

Over the course of the test series some prominent Trini players, Lendl Simmons and Ramdin have both put up Imran Khan, the leg-spinner and showing his FC stats and why he's not played test cricket yet.

The answer is simple...spinners from Guyana and Trinidad have done some bad deed in the past that it's a curse for selectors to pick them.

This is why I am scared that the best SLA (after Permaul), Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai, will never get to play test cricket for West Indies.

Beamer

I'm sure that et al also involves Jimmy Adams and Phil Simmons.

Over the course of the test series some prominent Trini players, Lendl Simmons and Ramdin have both put up Imran Khan, the leg-spinner and showing his FC stats and why he's not played test cricket yet.

The answer is simple...spinners from Guyana and Trinidad have done some bad deed in the past that it's a curse for selectors to pick them.

This is why I am scared that the best SLA (after Permaul), Gudakesh Motie-Kanhai, will never get to play test cricket for West Indies.
I must admit I would pick Motie-Kanhai ahead of Akheil Hossein or Khary Pierre. HE's just an excellent spinner.

Personally I think Khan is too quick through the air and doesn't turn the ball enough, but he deserved a chance to prove it either way for sure. In defence of selectors, they are more transparent now than they have ever been before, we actually get to hear why people haven't been selected which is an improvement.

Beamer

This has been mooted before and would be an interesting concept. But it goes against President Skerritt and his local first policy.

I think they just need to be slightly more creative and not stuck behind rules around domestic cricket. Our current test batting lineup shows that approach doesn't work, so try something new.