• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v England T20 International series in Ahmedabad

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The old CSK playbook could work here. Get yourself to 50-60 in 10 overs and then try and get 100-120 in the back 10. I think we can win with 160-170 here. Even accounting for the advantages of batting second for England. I would have liked to see another spinner in there today. And Rahul's gig is up now for the time being. He can stage a comeback post IPL. When he is down mentally, he is literally a billion times worse than what he is normally. Have never seen another batsman look this hopeless when not in form.

Shri

Mr. Glass
ffs shreyas

worse than raina

he could at least put away the short and wide ****

SKY needs to play in his place for a bit

hell even bring manish pandey back

anil1405

International Captain
Iyer plays a decent cut shot off a short ball towards the large part of the ground and gets caught. Commentators cannot stop talking about his weakness even though he played a decent shot but was unlucky.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Really don't care much for Rahul in any format any more. Those clamoring for his inclusion on the basis of IPL runs fail to note his sluggish S/R as the tournament wore on. For some reason he fancies himself an accumulator despite having every shot in the book, but that's not what this "new" approach calls for.
I really think he can score plenty of runs, can't judge him from 3-4 failures. The question is, how impactful will his runs be.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Why was SKY dropped? This is simply ridiculous.

Also, I don't like Dhawan, but dropping people after just one game seems like desperate , gully cricket captaincy/team management to me. I just wish these idiots handle the youngsters well. SKY has two games to get in the WC squad now, if luck doesn't favour him and he fails, he is ****ed.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Wood and Archer's pace showing up our batsmen. Strategy against India at the WC should be simple, get your fast men on, do away with the cutters, make them hop around. Don't see us competing against the likes of Eng and WI.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Wood and Archer's pace showing up our batsmen. Strategy against India at the WC should be simple, get your fast men on, do away with the cutters, make them hop around. Don't see us competing against the likes of Eng and WI.
If Wood and Archer continue to bowl in the same fashion, all teams will have a tough time facing them in the power play. I guess teams will go defensive in the first 6 and attack the other bowlers.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Been a very samey short length at the death here, sometimes it works but it's been predictable enough for Kohli to plan for it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, they continue to bowl a length that's being smashed around, and bowling it wide of the body too. It's been pretty rubbish, as great as Kohli's been.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pandya's taken his Pollard-clone act too far. Used to be conventionally solid square off the wicket, cuts and hooks, but seems to almost exclusively slog these days.