• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

thierry henry

International Coach
Really? Why do you think that? Like I said above the players Aussie struggled against today got not much in super smash. The only reason I can think of is different conditions. Super smash is definitely not any lesser than big bash IMO
Believe it’s a dig at a comment some time ago by a VIposter

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Really? Why do you think that? Like I said above the players Aussie struggled against today got not much in super smash. The only reason I can think of is different conditions. Super smash is definitely not any lesser than big bash IMO
You've been whooshed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was ordinary from Aus. Looked like they hadn’t played in months for some reason.

Finch looking a bit Guptillesque atm. Not clear whether he’s badly out of nick on on the permanent slide. Been a gun player in these formats but needs to turn it around sharpish.

Clinical from NZ. Well deserved win. Enjoyed watching their middle order rebuild. Was quality stuff.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Actually really enjoy watching Santner bowl in limited overs cricket. Really knows what he’s doing
For some reason Santers #baitwicket trajectory comes out in one dayers and hints at some real shape and drift, then he's almost resigned to being a holding bowler in the Test side and you don't really see him operate at that pace.

Last edited:

Moss

Must be NZ's first win against Aus in 4 years, and by a good margin too which happens even less frequently. NZ themselves have a few concerns (openers, change bowlers) which could continue to play out over this series, but for now kudos on a job well done.

nzfan

Must be NZ's first win against Aus in 4 years, and by a good margin too which happens even less frequently. NZ themselves have a few concerns (openers, change bowlers) which could continue to play out over this series, but for now kudos on a job well done.
From memory we had lost 7 out of 9 t20i s prior this game

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Strangely Phillips couldn't score much, neither could Neesham in super smash and all them bowlers including Santner, Sodhi etc got smashed by domestic batters recently. Aussies are struggling to get proper bat to long hops. Must be our slightly sticky wicket. I'm not complaining but would like a close game or two.
I'm sure there will be. I wouldn't get all giddy quite yet!

thierry henry

International Coach
For some reason Santers #baitwicket trajectory comes out in one dayers and hints and some real shape and drift, then he's almost resigned to being a holding bowler in the Test side and you don't really see him operate at that pace.
I honestly used to think he could be effective in the subcontinent bowling it hard into the pitch and turning it but for whatever reason he’s been the complete opposite

nzfan

Davey Warner and Mark Waugh on Fox sports. Interesting to see what they've got to say

Burgey

Davey Warner and Mark Waugh on Fox sports. Interesting to see what they've got to say
I’d be interested in what Davey has to say about not being in NZ playing instead of commentating. Weird choices by CA in a WC year

_Ed_

Also, shout out to the Christchurch CW contingent on what’s a sad day in history there. Appropriately respectful commemoration of the day pre game by both teams and tbh only fitting NZ performed as they did.
And I thought Hagley looked sensational. Christchurch has done a phenomenal job with that ground.

Moss

From memory we had lost 7 out of 9 t20i s prior this game
Yeah, meant first win in a long time (4years) across all formats. But yes the t20 head to head is quite indicative, and this series is probably NZ’s best chance to close the gap.

nzfan

I’d be interested in what Davey has to say about not being in NZ playing instead of commentating. Weird choices by CA in a WC year
Junior is like have they got any more South African cricketers left in south africa haha that's a fair comment.