• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
24 sounds a ridiculous number til you factor in Covid bubbles and quarantine requirements which severely limit the ability to just hop off a plane and walk onto a training ground or playing field.

TheJediBrah

That is a train of thought based almost entirely on hope and optimisim as opposed to actually having a thorough knowedge of who is available and what they have to offer
You missed my point. I'm saying that misguided or not, the people saying that aren't just saying it for the sake of seeing something different, they genuinely think it's better

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
You missed my point. I'm saying that misguided or not, the people saying that aren't just saying it for the sake of seeing something different, they genuinely think it's better
No, you missed my point. I have no doubt many people genuinely think that, but it is a take that at best is naive and uninformed

TheJediBrah

No, you missed my point. I have no doubt many people genuinely think that, but it is a take that at best is naive and uninformed
No I didn't miss your point, I wasn't commenting on the veracity of the opinions or disagreeing with you in any way. Just making a simple observation.

I mean I literally said that the opinions could be misguided in the post you quoted

Spikey

No it isn’t. We just lost comprehensively at home to India’s third XI after winning every toss. Gotta be accountable.
If you cast your mind back to the 85ao against South Africa, 4 of the top 7 got dropped for the next test

12 months later, all four of those replacement players were not taking the field for the first test

It's all well and good to drop someone for a better player....as long as they are a better player.