• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Teja.

Global Moderator
He played a very similar shot in an ODI once after I'd spent all day questioning the idea that he'd been picked partly for batting because his record was so ****.

I tasted it big time. I think it was honestbharani who gave it to me that day.

He is Agarkar 2.0 for sure.
I think he might be one of those almost mythical cases of actual 'FC average bad because cbf'.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was actually Daemon. I said I suspected Thakur's batting might be "a myth" and compared him to Umesh. Daemon told me he'd played some useful cameos in the IPL, but with a HS of 22 and an average of 7 in that I wasn't having it. Then he came out and played a shot like that at the end of the ODI innings.

#CanBat for sure though.
His claim to fame with the bat before this was that he hit 6 sixes in an over in the Harris Shield

anil1405

International Captain
Squad for England series:

Openers:
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Mayank Agarwal

Middle-order: Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul (subject to fitnsess after first Test)

Fast bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur

Spinners: R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel

Standbyes: KS Bharat (wicketkeeper), Abhimanya Easwaran, Shahbaz Nadeem, Rahul Chahar

Net bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier, K Gowtham, Saurabh Kumar

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Given how much he had to work with with those foot marks outside offstump (and the lack of restrictions in terms of field settings) I think Lyon bowled totally trash from the point where Sundar hooked Cummins for 6 onwards. He just completely lost his cool in that final period of play. To be fair though, Pant was batting incredibly, especially his repeated swipes through midwicket from way outside the line of offstump.
Pant channelized Dhoni. Took the game deep and made it mano a mano.

I loved how he even tried to shield Oujara for sometime from Lyon, who was under some pressure due to his line outside off and trigger Happy umpire.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Openers:

Middle-order: Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul (subject to fitnsess after first Test)

Standbyes: KS Bharat (wicketkeeper), Abhimanya Easwaran, Shahbaz Nadeem, Rahul Chahar

Net bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier, K Gowtham, Saurabh Kumar
Haha net bowlers an integral part of every squad announcement now. Could win you a series.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hes written plenty of ATG bad ones but the one tiny baby piece was the most recent

The king of moronic hot takes. He also insinuated that the only reason why McCullum scored his 300 was because India was match-fixing.

Hmmmm...interesting.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant

Openers:

Advance Congratulations to Sandeep Warrier for a debut series winning fifer in 4th test. #In line with the times

Super squad there that said. Never thought Pandya will be surplus requirement.

OverratedSanity

He also insinuated that the only reason why McCullum scored his 300 was because India was match-fixing.

Hmmmm...interesting.
Lemme look up the tour thread

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Spin is important in India and I actually think we may be slightly weak in that department with Kuldeep out of form, Washington not really a proven long-format bowler and Axar more of a defensive spinner. That being said, Bumrah, Ishant and Siraj together could be fun on the right pitch!

Daemon

Openers:

Sensible squad.

Injured: Jadeja, Shami, Vihari, Yadav, Saini(?)
Dropped: Shaw

cnerd123

likes this
Perhaps an unpopular opinion - I think the way Che Pu and Rahane handled Lyon this series was absolutely masterful.

A throw back to the old days of Indian greats batting on minefields against Warne and co. Using their feet to repeatedly get to the ball, or going back deep into their crease and playing it late. Soft hands, playing with the pad first a lot. And they resisted a lot of temptation. All the while they punished the bad balls when they came.

They've had their issues with Lyon in the past, but were superb this series. Lyon's bowled worse for better figures.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
@Prince EWS What are your thoughts on Ben McD? Myth?
Nah he looks awesome. I'm frustrated he doesn't make more runs tbh; he routinely throws away starts. "Picked for Australia A and actually tonned up" looks pretty good on your CV when the competition is a sea of mediocrity and Test failure though, even if that ton was only of only two you've ever made in FC cricket.