• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
From the Australian PoV, its very hard to see who will be the new captain. If they think Paine is not the best guy for the job, they need to blood Carey or whoever and make Cummins the captain. Think its time to bite the bullet and this way, they can rest Cummins from LO cricket where he can be hit around easily often enough, as well.

Like I said, it would be good if they rotate some of their bowlers and even give a go to Swepson or somebody in tests, just to see what options they have. I am not sure if their A side has been touring much even before covid. Hopefully Pattinson is back for the RSA tests and these guys will be well rested by then. Haze was awesome and Cummins is positively so much ahead of the other fast bowlers in the world in this format. The team is fine, just get them to have better attitudes and I think Cummins as captain might do that.

Kirkut

International Regular
What is the reason for the strength of the Indian bench? Is it just that India are blessed with a golden generation of players, or has there been a change in the FC and grassroots level recently? I'm curious to know.
No, it's not that rosy. We have a good side, that's all. The attitude was amazing even after 36 all out, that was the difference.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
What is the reason for the strength of the Indian bench? Is it just that India are blessed with a golden generation of players, or has there been a change in the FC and grassroots level recently? I'm curious to know.
Kohli really. He trialled Siraj, Saini and Sundar in IPL, and then launched a complex 5D chess move resulting in all three playing the final test.

Not even Ashwin saw that coming.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1.2 billion people for whom cricket is a religion and a very lucrative career

littlelulu

Cricket Spectator
system has finally reached the inflection point.

india with 1.2 billion people should always have been the best team in the world. but most of those 1.2 billion were poor so india was a middling team.

post 90s economic reforms the economy has grown and thus the team has kept becoming better (higher fc salaries, sports science, coaches,ipl etc etc). this is the decade i believe india will pull away completely.

post that usa in basketball level.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was out on business and saw the whole thing slipping away on someone else's phone stream. Being a big fan of Trevor Bailey it was pathetic to not attempt negative lines to restrict the run rate near the end.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
system has finally reached the inflection point.

india with 1.2 billion people should always have been the best team in the world. but most of those 1.2 billion were poor so india was a middling team.

post 90s economic reforms the economy has grown and thus the team has kept becoming better (higher fc salaries, sports science, coaches,ipl etc etc). this is the decade i believe india will pull away completely.

post that usa in basketball level.
This has to be ishquiya right?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was out on business and saw the whole thing slipping away on someone else's phone stream. Being a big fan of Trevor Bailey it was pathetic to not attempt negative lines to restrict the run rate near the end.
Tim Paine sacrified the game for Australia's cricketing soul. Once again the man has saved Australian cricket from disgracing itself.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Australia had no reason to ever bowl negatively, a draw was fine from an Indian perspective but not from the Australian one and with the way Indian lower order is you have to believe you can get them at any time.