• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Kirkut

International Regular
system has finally reached the inflection point.

india with 1.2 billion people should always have been the best team in the world. but most of those 1.2 billion were poor so india was a middling team.

post 90s economic reforms the economy has grown and thus the team has kept becoming better (higher fc salaries, sports science, coaches,ipl etc etc). this is the decade i believe india will pull away completely.

post that usa in basketball level.
That is slightly a stretch, the mindset was the difference here I guess. If players were pessimistic and cynical, then it was 4-0 surely after 36 all out.

DriveClub

International Regular
Nothing more humiliating than being beaten by India b at home though. Aus are just less than sum of their parts for some reason. Having 3 top 10 batsmen and 2 top 10 bowlers in the world(including the No1 bowler and batsman) in a team shouldn't be losing like this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed unironically. OS hasn't missed a trick in this series especially after quick single intent theory was proven to be a sham. You have my ear.
Nah too soon for a body as esteemed as CA to have decided anything. They’ll be scratching their heads for days until they realise the necessary changes.
Smith was probably just thinking about the Hogg pile they’re gonna give Paine before he leaves the sick ****

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed unironically. OS hasn't missed a trick in this series especially after quick single intent theory was proven to be a sham. You have my ear.
Does this look like a hypercompetitive freak of a man distraught after a heartbreaking/embarassing defeat or a hypercompetitive freak of a man who knows he's usurped the throne of Australian cricket

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah too soon for a body as esteemed as CA to have decided anything. They’ll be scratching their heads for days until they realise the necessary changes.
Smith was probably just thinking about the Hogg pile they’re gonna give Paine before he leaves the sick ****
If you have to think about a decision even slightly, I've found the decision is almost always wrong.

Won't bode well if that's the case.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Aussie team needs to reflect and change their dirty tactics. After SA they went through an image make over but it is the same ugly Aussie team. Bouncing, sledging and what not. Smith isnt the answer. It will just be a stinky path if they go down that road.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If you have to think about a decision even slightly, I've found the decision is almost always wrong.

Won't bode well if that's the case.
It’ll be a true heel turn for Australian cricket and no doubt be cursed for decades as when Australia sold its soul. Will probably win some cricket matches tho

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussie team needs to reflect and change their dirty tactics. After SA they went through an image make over but it is the same ugly Aussie team. Bouncing, sledging and what not. Smith isnt the answer. It will just be a stinky path if they go down that road.
The bouncing the tail and sledging had little to do with the poor tactics, batting failures and Lyon being a spud. This is just you pushing a personal hobby-horse.

Heboric

International Debutant
Nah, that toad Darren Lehman is not there anymore