• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Also, as much as I dislike the result, congratulations to India for taking down our mob of bully-boys who can't deliver when their opponent actually shows some fight. They showed the sort of toughness that is not measured by one's ability to bowl over after over of bouncers or call people nasty things on the field.

I can't look forward to how Australia will try dodge the various lessons that they could draw from this series.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Can someone assess that missed stumping by Paine? Was it very,very difficult or just difficult? It was obviously one of the turning points of the test and the series. If Pant had been dismissed I think India could have held out for the draw but a win would have been unlikely.
Difficult take and even then Pant would've probably made his ground

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
when i say given where australian cricket was ftr i mean it was at the height of lehmann tough guy "cricket played in brown people countries doesn't count" culture

think that the 1-1 draw with the bangers was worse tbh even though one could argue for the same reasons it was equally foreseeable
It was never about the colour of their skin but the content of their pitches. The West Indies tours always mattered.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As after the previous test, making Paine the scapegoat will do no good to anyone except give @Spikey an erection. This bowling attack has serious questions to answer to have failed to get results in the 4th innings with such alarming regularity. Lyon and Starc with his supposed ability to clean up the middle/lower order and reverse swing are supposed to be the guys to step up in that situation and theyv'e let the team down consistently.

Forget the wickets, that passage of play where Starc got taken apart and went for 22 (?) off one over completely turned the momentum of the game. And Lyon despite bowling ok and looking threatening did nowhere near enough. If all he can do in the 4th innings with the ball turning quite a bit is "look threatening" then maybe they need an upgrade. Cummins is just ****ing amazing but its one guy and he had to almost break himself to make this game as close as it was. Bring back Pattinson and SoK.