• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
There are some batsmen who find that the restrictive structure and almost template-like manner in which you approach an ODI innings helps them focus more, whilst they can struggle with that in Tests where you really have to decide on your own pace and evaluate the appropriate tempo on your own reading of the game. Suspect Rohit is in that category.

cnerd123

likes this
There are some batsmen who find that the restrictive structure and almost template-like manner in which you approach an ODI innings helps them focus more, whilst they can struggle with that in Tests where you really have to decide on your own pace and evaluate the appropriate tempo on your own reading of the game. Suspect Rohit is in that category.
He has no issues when batting in Tests at home tho. Can reel off big dominating innings there. It's just playing Tests overseas. One area specifically. Some people thought it would be different playing this role overseas, but it's not.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's hard to say tbh, lack of familiarity perhaps. He certainly can't claim to have been bowled out or struggled overly with the conditions, the two pitches he's played on have been quite flat and dry.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched the highlights. How much longer do they need before they realise Starc is a better bat than Cummins?

Sad that this is true. Green should have gone big. I saw the replay of the wicket, and it looks like the Sunder ball was actually a sort of sneaky variation. Murali Kartik was talking about it. Let me see if I can find that clip.
Nah, it was a regular off break out of the hand. Possible it was influenced by one of the little cracks.

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Queensland will overtake Victoria as Australia's second state soon and eventually become Australia's premier state according to the census boffins.

sunilz

International Regular
So barring a miracle none of the teams have reached 400 in this series.When was the last time it happened in a 4/5 test series?

Spark

Global Moderator
It's a fact do your research.
Victoria are projected to be overtaken by Qld and a time frame is posted.
Victoria's lead is only a million plus right now.
are you reading, like, the tables backwards or something?

here is the latest census projection:

1610794911218.png

last i checked, 7.5 is a bigger number than 5.9. i'm pretty sure that, of the bigger states, victoria has the fastest rate of pop growth in the country.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
people around the world want to migrate to Townsville
Not a bad joint tbh. Much better than Cairns.

Which isn’t saying a lot, but still. Had one of the great long lunches at a waterfront restaurant there in or about 2012-2013. Epic.

There was mud crab