• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brisbane has a climate like America has political discourse.

Extreme, hot and occasionally violent.

cnerd123

likes this
What Rohit Sharma did is an insult to batsmanship. Getting a start is the hardest part of batting. He's gotten starts in 3 of his 4 innings so far. But he doesn't capitalise. He always does this.

It's worse because he pulls off marathon innings in ODIs all the time, and when he was playing Tests in home he looks untouchable. But he just doesn't translate it in Tests away from home. And for no good reason really. Sort of like Ian Bell maybe?

Shri

Mr. Glass
What Rohit Sharma did is an insult to batsmanship. Getting a start is the hardest part of batting. He's gotten starts in 3 of his 4 innings so far. But he doesn't capitalise. He always does this.

It's worse because he pulls off marathon innings in ODIs all the time, and when he was playing Tests in home he looks untouchable. But he just doesn't translate it in Tests away from home. And for no good reason really. Sort of like Ian Bell maybe?
matthew wade and travis head have been coaching him in secret

cnerd123

likes this
matthew wade and travis head have been coaching him in secret
Rohit's way better than those spuds, plz.

I think they only do 10 minute highlights after each day. They're certainly popular, easily rack up a few million views each day.

EDIT: Bloody hell, I was underselling it. Day one highlights has close to 10 million views already
Too bad Test cricket is dying huh

Burner

International Regular

How terrible has he been this series? It looks silly to be saying this if you've seen his output this series when compared to ****all that the others have scored but its just the way he gets out. Soft dismissals galore.

cnerd123

likes this
Weather forecast accurate so far.

How terrible has he been this series? It looks silly to be saying this if you've seen his output this series when compared to ****all that the others have scored but its just the way he gets out. Soft dismissals galore.
I reckon even I could bowl to Rohit once he's batted 50 balls and be in with a chance of getting his wicket. It's not a technical thing at all, he's just got some mental block to overcome.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Late arvo storms will be fine. Today’s actually a bit earlier than usual for the Chennai of Australia. Early starts will make up time.

Absolutely agree though that Brisbane is a **** city and this is yet another example.

cnerd123

likes this
It's a pleasure to watch Rohit bat. Best batsman on show easily, going big aside.
Sad that this is true. Green should have gone big. I saw the replay of the wicket, and it looks like the Sunder ball was actually a sort of sneaky variation. Murali Kartik was talking about it. Let me see if I can find that clip.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

He also plays the powerplays of those ODIs as if they are ****ing test matches ?. Somehow he is unable to translate literally the same blue print here.

cnerd123

likes this
He also plays the powerplays of those ODIs as if they are ****ing test matches ?. Somehow he is unable to translate literally the same blue print here.
****ing exactly.

Serious mental block. Does India have a sports psychologist on board? They need to find their Wendy Rhodes.