• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian players racially abused at SCG

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course, racism is a worldwide issue. But that link is just such a dumbest thing to show as any kind of "proof". And how does racism being a problem in India mean anything when discussing racism in Australia?
It's the way that Senile Sentry comes in and gets on his high horse about Australians being so racist, like it's a problem exclusive to Australia.

It's ironic because the only time he comments on threads is to make disparaging remarks about Cricket Australia, Australians or the Queensland government. If it had have been many other posters here I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but if there is one poster out there who has been subtly targeting people of a particular nationality, it's Senile Sentry. He even had the temerity to have a potshot at Burgey for being racist, when we all know that Burgey simply just doesn't like anyone who he thinks is a ****.

EDIT: And I chose that link because I happened to be looking over it recently, is all. I'm sure I could have dug up a bunch of other links to news articles about racism in <<<insert country here>>> instead.

harsh.ag

It's the way that Senile Sentry comes in and gets on his high horse about Australians being so racist, like it's a problem exclusive to Australia.

It's ironic because the only time he comments on threads is to make disparaging remarks about Cricket Australia, Australians or the Queensland government. If it had have been many other posters here I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but if there is one poster out there who has been subtly targeting people of a particular nationality, it's Senile Sentry. He even had the temerity to have a potshot at Burgey for being racist, when we all know that Burgey simply just doesn't like anyone who he thinks is a ****.

EDIT: And I chose that link because I happened to be looking over it recently, is all. I'm sure I could have dug up a bunch of other links to news articles about racism in <<<insert country here>>> instead.
Two wrongs don't make a right

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha there is no way India is more dangerous for Christians than Sudan, Syria, Saudi Arabia. Hogwash.

The absolute number may be more, obviously.

But whatabouttery for sure.
I think whatabouttery is more than fair in the context of someone like Senile Sentry coming in with a clear agenda at attacking a certain nationality

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I didn't even mention the name of the poster, because my post was not intended to be an snipe at that particular person, but to point out a symptom, a malaise among posters here. But apparently knowledgeable posters are aware of whom was bring referred to.

I have no issues people taking issues with particular posters here. I have been called names like penile dysentry which I found hilarious to be honest. But when a poster regularly tends to bucket a person into a whole group just because he perceives the particular person is from that stock, and then proceeds to make fun of that group as a whole, is what is classical racism. And apparently that is sadly tolerated here.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I think whatabouttery is more than fair in the context of someone like Senile Sentry coming in with a clear agenda at attacking a certain nationality
Yeah indeed, and ignore posts where I have called out racism in India as well ?

Why so defensive ? There is a problem in Aussie cricket and we are discussing that in this thread. Sniping at the messenger is what is whataboutery.

TheJediBrah

Yeah indeed, and ignore posts where I have called out racism in India as well ?

Why so defensive ? There is a problem in Aussie cricket and we are discussing that in this thread. Sniping at the messenger is what is whataboutery.
feel free to direct me to all the other threads you've made about problems in every country's cricket.

Ftr I don't have a problem with you at all I find your posts quite enjoyable for the most part. Just saying if we're going to allow one stripe of nationalistic ****posting then we should allow them all.

Burgey

I have witnessed unfortunately in this forum itself. It might be casual, an Australian poster time and again referring to certain posts as "Subcontinental sense of humour" for example. The Mods could have set an example by clamping down on this, but it gets ignored and by that regard, condoned.
You should report it if it aggrieves you

harsh.ag

what about racism in India

or does that need it's own thread

come on use some common sense. This is a filthy bait thread from a long-term and unashamed anti-Australian bigot
Dunno about his history. Didn't realize he had started the thread.

Will leave you to lower yourself to his standards, then.