• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Gareth Hopkins isn't terrible thread

Athlai

Not Terrible
Man Blocky completely rekt you all re: Watling
Yeah he really did. People need to make more avatar bets on things like whether a player sucks or if they're just a bit ****. I was pretty invested in Hopkins doing okay but not being great for a minute there.

Chubb

International Regular
FWIW Gareth Hopkins was the best overseas player my uni mates' team in Norfolk ever had. And they had a young Ross Taylor after him.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim Weston :laugh:

Lord help me if anyone ever bumps my views on Wagner as a Test bowler, Santner as a Test cricketer (only to change my views almost Test by Test) and probably BJ Watling too to be fair.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Should've picked Derek De Boorder (one of the best players not to make the Black Caps) instead of Hopkins, but then we might not have got Watling.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Geez what absolutely dire days these were ... reading this thread sure makes you appreciate the way the last decade has gone.

Maybe Blocky was BJ all along (2 first class wickets).

Howsie

International Captain
Haha he took those two wickets against India A on a tour over there. Funny thing is Aaron Redmond took them and the scoring officals buggered it up, put that spell down to BJ apparently bowling leg spin ha.

Hopkins might be my most hated cricketer. Absolute prick

Howsie

International Captain
Haha and no-one ever fixed it? :laugh:
Well there you are PEWS, it looks like it was a cricinfo mistake and not scoring mistake. I wonder how often that has ever happened haha. Watling said he’ll take it anyway (just owes Redmond a drink every time they catch up) But if you have ever seen Watling bowl you know he’d have done amazingly well to take 2/30 bowling lobed up off spin