• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What do people think the best World XI will be in say 10 years if we give a timeframe of 2015-2030?
From 2015 to 2030?

1.Shubman Gill/Janneman malan
2.Pathum nissanka/Pucovski
3.Marnus labuschagne/Zak crawley
4.Babar Azam/Steven Smith
5.Ollie Pope
6.Ben Stokes/Cameron Green/Wiaan Mulder
7.Quinton de kock//Josh inglis
8.Wanindu Hasaringa
9.Kyle Jamieson
10.Pat cummins
11.Jaspit bumrah/Kagiso Rabada.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
From 2015 to 2030?

5.Ollie Pope
8.Wanindu Hasaringa
9.Kyle Jamieson
10.Pat cummins
Needs Rachin Ravindra

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
From 2015 to 2030?

5.Ollie Pope
8.Wanindu Hasaringa
9.Kyle Jamieson
10.Pat cummins
Nice to Wanindu Hasaranga on that list excited to see him in the upcoming years, Mulders a shout didn't realise he was so young although imagine Stokes will be seen as a generational talent by the end of his career.

Intrigued to see if Alzarri Joseph can make the next step it's a big next 24 months for him although there is an argument that Bumrah, Rabada and Cummins is probably already almost certain to be the top 3 Pacers barring severe injury over this time period.perhaps Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah could record big numbers starting relatively early in their careers. Intrigued by Jamieson too done very little wrong so far although a big test for him when the rest of the Kiwi pace attack eventually retires.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO a 2015 to 2030 side shouldn't have so many people who have barely debuted 6 years in.
Who do you pick then? I think all the young guys mentioned will dominate/be extremely good in internationals over the next few years, better picking them than kohli/kane type players who have had 5 years in the period and will have another 3/4 years of test match tops.

ataraxia

International Coach
I don't know too much around younger players, but nevertheless:

Aiden Markram
Tom Latham
Marnus Labuschagne
Virat Kohli
Babar Azam
Cameron Green
Quinton de Kock +
Hasaranga/Swepson/Maharaj/I don't know at all really
Pat Cummins
Kagiso Rabada
Jasprit Bumrah

Shady Slim

International Coach
Nice to Wanindu Hasaranga on that list excited to see him in the upcoming years, Mulders a shout didn't realise he was so young although imagine Stokes will be seen as a generational talent by the end of his career.

Intrigued to see if Alzarri Joseph can make the next step it's a big next 24 months for him although there is an argument that Bumrah, Rabada and Cummins is probably already almost certain to be the top 3 Pacers barring severe injury over this time period.perhaps Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah could record big numbers starting relatively early in their careers. Intrigued by Jamieson too done very little wrong so far although a big test for him when the rest of the Kiwi pace attack eventually retires.
having not yet made the big leap, is joseph still in your first choice WI XI? or do you prefer another guy say chemar holder for that third seamer spot behind roach and shannon gabriel?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I think there is an argument to say such a strong leap up initially potentially hurt Alzarri Jospeh in terms of perception - he certainly hasn't become close to a generational talent as of yet although it does feel like the next 24 months is a big one for him, in fairness to Joseph he did get some wickets in that New Zealand 2nd Test and it was encouraging that without Roach I thought the pace attack apart from Jason Holder stood up well which was encouraging although I'd probably prefer Chemar Holder for now after his debut although would probably consider rotating them, wouldn't want either to potentially play a Test match a year at most for 3 years then be asked to be good permanant replaces for a Roach/Gabriel out of the blue.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just googled Pathun Nissanka. If anything hel be the final nail in the coffin for Thrimannes career soon

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know too much around younger players, but nevertheless:

Aiden Markram
Tom Latham
Marnus Labuschagne
Virat Kohli
Babar Azam
Cameron Green
Quinton de Kock +
Hasaranga/Swepson/Maharaj/I don't know at all really
Pat Cummins
Kagiso Rabada
Jasprit Bumrah
Williamson (30) is only 4 years older than Marnus and Babar and 2 years younger than Kohli. Surely he should be in. Since 1 Jan 2015 he has scored 15 100s in 44 tests at 63.90

I rate Labuschagne and Azam, but can't imagine either being as dominant as that.

Smith is also younger than Kohli, although older than Williamson.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Williamson (30) is only 4 years older than Marnus and Babar and 2 years younger than Kohli. Surely he should be in. Since 1 Jan 2015 he has scored 15 100s in 44 tests at 63.90

I rate Labuschagne and Azam, but can't imagine either being as dominant as that.

Smith is also younger than Kohli, although older than Williamson.
Kane will have 4-5 years of test cricket left realistically, even if he goes crazy for the next 3 years I don't see him having the overall effect that Marnus will, with his entire test career realistically being in that window, similar story for why I have crawley as the second #3 over him. I agree with your sentiment on the issue and just have a different mindset on it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Kane will have 4-5 years of test cricket left realistically, even if he goes crazy for the next 3 years I don't see him having the overall effect that Marnus will, with his entire test career realistically being in that window, similar story for why I have crawley as the second #3 over him. I agree with your sentiment on the issue and just have a different mindset on it.
He might have 7-8. Ross Taylor is 36 and still going strong. Younis Khan went to 40, while Sangakkara, Ponting, Tendulkar etc all played well past 35.

Slifer

International Captain
Latham, Williamson, and Nicholls are quality players of spin and Ajaz Patel could be deadly if India needed to chase anything over 200.
Yeah but NZ donot have enough fire power bowling or batting wise to bother India in India. No team atm does. And now, India's bowling is even better than the last time NZ toured.