• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Gob

International Coach
Mark Taylor
Bill Lawry
Ian Chappell *
David Gower
Tony Greig
Ian Botham
Ian Healy
Richie Benaud
Shane Warne
Max Walker
Michael Holding

Guess the criteria for this team ??

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Taylor
Bill Lawry
Ian Chappell *
David Gower
Tony Greig
Ian Botham
Ian Healy
Richie Benaud
Shane Warne
Max Walker
Michael Holding

Guess the criteria for this team ??
I really hope this doesn't mean you think Healy is a better commentator than Ian Smith!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Have you really not heard of him? He's the guy who held Richie Benaud hostage in the comm box back in the 80s or early 90s. Lunatic. He also once kidnapped Ken Sutcliffe (another Australian sports presenter).
Never heard of him. Thanks. Will read about him. Amazed I have never heard the name but I only started watching Aussie cricket from around 1993 so I guess it figures?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India would absolutely murder NZ at home atm. Ditto any other team tbh !!!
Well jeez you'd hope so. India have 280x the population of NZ and cricket is the only sport they play. Any game India don't win by an innings and 400 runs is win for NZ tbh

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Glenn Turner
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Ross Taylor
BJ Watling +
Chris Cairns
Richard Hadlee
Dan Vettori
Neil Wagner
Shan Bond

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might just happen if India is allowed to field 280 players for every NZer.
We're joking around here but surely you understand the concept

NZ beating India at cricket would be like the Maldives beating USA at American football. Just because they have the same number of players on the field doesn't make it any less insane

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Glenn Turner
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson
Martin Crowe
Ross Taylor
BJ Watling +
Chris Cairns
Richard Hadlee
Dan Vettori
Neil Wagner
Shan Bond
nice side, though i disagree with a few. latham is behind turner, sutcliffe, richardson, wright and maybe dempster imo. great shield standard attack basher, averages 28 against the good ones because he throws away 40-70* scores.

i adore wags, but imo he's 4th with a clear gap between hadlee, cowie, bond and the rest in quality. im usually suspect on so few tests and what old writers say but everything said about cowie, and the results of his performances in fc matches against australian and english sides including one with bradman, convinces me he was on that hadlee/bond level. maybe tom pritchard was too, but i don't know enough.

it's a shame nz never produced a really good attacking spinner because mccullum the batsman or fleming would be fun at #6, but i can't justify three quicks and the current spinner choices.

turner
sutcliffe
williamson
crowe (c)
taylor
watling
cairns
vettori
hadlee
bond
cowie

a seconds eleven where there's probably more debate over more spots

wright
richardson
jones
fleming (c)
mccullum
oram
vivian
taylor
smith (wk)
southee
wagner

giff vivian balances this side so well since i want to avoid ian smith batting higher up but still include someone who bowls spin. bruce taylor beats out the bowlers of similar quality because he can bat and had a rep as a flat deck bowler.

Reactions: Red