• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd ODI at Sydney, 29 November 2020

Spark

Global Moderator
Disappointing that India aren't going a bit harder. Feel like Jadeja gave up too early last game as well. Just because the target is unlikely doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try. Personally I'd rather see all out with 5 overs to go than something like 5 for 330 after 50.
That's not fair imo, if anything they're trying too hard (i.e. swinging so hard at every ball that they're losing shape on their shots)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointing that India aren't going a bit harder. Feel like Jadeja gave up too early last game as well. Just because the target is unlikely doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try. Personally I'd rather see all out with 5 overs to go than something like 5 for 330 after 50.
They're trying to go too hard imo. Can't play slower balls and cutters when you set up the way these two have.

morgieb

Yeah I don't think these two aren't trying, it's just that Australia are bowling very well and the scoring rate is very high.

Burgey

That's not fair imo, if anything they're trying too hard (i.e. swinging so hard at every ball that they're losing shape on their shots)

Burgey

I played in a one dayer once where a couple of blokes put on 111 off the last seven, so it can be done I suppose

morgieb

Rahul clearly panicked a bit. Was probably a case of the seamers doing so well that India probably had to score 25+ this over, which is very very difficult.

Daemon

If only we weren't chasing ****ing 380 Rahul and Kohli would've cruised this. They both looked in complete control until they had to start hitting at the Smith/Maxwell SRs.

Spark

Global Moderator
If only we weren't chasing ****ing 380 Rahul and Kohli would've cruised this. They both looked in complete control until they had to start hitting at the Smith/Maxwell SRs.
Yeah they were tracking the Aus innings perfectly until the point at which Smith just started smacking it around for fun at around the 32-35 over mark. Having 10 overs of junk time slogging is one thing but 15-20 is pretty hard to overcome in a chase.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah its a mix of the bowlers being this crap and our batters not being that good at going at these huge SRs. Our team is set up to ensure we chase down 270-330 type totals on such tracks, so we need to ensure our bowlers are good enough to keep opposition to such totals.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah its a mix of the bowlers being this crap and our batters not being that good at going at these huge SRs. Our team is set up to ensure we chase down 270-330 type totals on such tracks, so we need to ensure our bowlers are good enough to keep opposition to such totals.
Worth saying that this is exactly what we all said about the Aus ODI team in the last few years and it ended up not working out for us (although they got a lot closer than people thought they would)