• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
England really do deserve to win this, I think they've been excellent in this test. Bit of luck with the bat with all the plays and misses etc, but then batting first in tests you need that. Sibley and Stokes went on and made it count to put them in a match winning situation. Since then the bowlers have been spot on.

I hope we find a way to battle out a draw but don't think it would be a very fair result tbh. I also don't want management to get a false impression of this Windies team. Yes, the fight and excellent team culture is there and yes we will win tests on the strength of our attack sometimes. But the batting is still awful and none of this lot can consistently go on and make centuries, even on a good day they get out for 50 or 60 odd. That will win us the odd test but not many test series. Until we sort the batting out we will not reach our potential as a test side.

Hope has to go alas, enough is enough. Get back to FC cricket and score the runs we know you're capable of. At 26, he can still make it at test level but for now it just isn't working. Campbell is on thin ice also with loose shots like that in a pressure situation. Cornwall needs to play, he's almost certainly a World Class spinner and every good team needs one. I'm fed up with the excuses Holder comes up with not to play him, he would have made a big difference here IMHO.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
England more than just shading this at the moment. They deserve to win for playing some inspired cricket. WI look like ducks in a shooting gallery; I think this will be done by early evening at the latest, maybe even by tea.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If WI can show a bit of backbone and force the game into the last 15-20 overs, it will help them psychologically going into the last Test, plus tiring out England's bowlers a bit. Can't see England not bowling 7 more wicket-taking deliveries in 75 overs.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
England really do deserve to win this, I think they've been excellent in this test. Bit of luck with the bat with all the plays and misses etc, but then batting first in tests you need that. Sibley and Stokes went on and made it count to put them in a match winning situation. Since then the bowlers have been spot on.

I hope we find a way to battle out a draw but don't think it would be a very fair result tbh. I also don't want management to get a false impression of this Windies team. Yes, the fight and excellent team culture is there and yes we will win tests on the strength of our attack sometimes. But the batting is still awful and none of this lot can consistently go on and make centuries, even on a good day they get out for 50 or 60 odd. That will win us the odd test but not many test series. Until we sort the batting out we will not reach our potential as a test side.

Hope has to go alas, enough is enough. Get back to FC cricket and score the runs we know you're capable of. At 26, he can still make it at test level but for now it just isn't working. Campbell is on thin ice also with loose shots like that in a pressure situation. Cornwall needs to play, he's almost certainly a World Class spinner and every good team needs one. I'm fed up with the excuses Holder comes up with not to play him, he would have made a big difference here IMHO.
Yeah until they find some decent batsmen the Windies will prove to be a competitive but extremely inconsistent team

They really do need some catching practice as well

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Hate to see Broad being vindicated in his outrage over the first Test. Close as that game got, he could've done some real damage there.

Beamer

My team for the next test, give the squad they've selected:

Kraigg Braithwaite
John Campbell (last chance, though wouldn't complain if they bring in Da Silva)
Jermaine Blackwood (lets bat him where he got all his runs for Jamaica)
Shamarh Brooks (have been reasonably impressed with him, against my expectations)
Roston Chase
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder (needs to step up with the bat)
Rakheem Cornwall (should play every test, enough of the BS)
Alzarri Joseph
Kemar Roach (so close to 200 wicket milestone!)
Chemar Holder (give Shannon a rest)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Kraigg Braithwaite
Shamarh Brooks (have been reasonably impressed with him, against my expectations)
Roston Chase
Shane Dowrich
Alzarri Joseph
I think Da Silva needs to play for Campbell

Beamer

Looks like an awesome test match. A tight blockathon would be epic
Just doesn't have that feel to it IMHO. Ever since the collapse last night it just felt like our batsman had lost that resilience and Broad and Woakes have been relentless ever since.

Beamer

I think Da Silva needs to play for Campbell
I agree with you but I just don't think they will play any of the reserves unless they somehow hang on in this match to retain the Wisden Trophy.

Feeling really irritated with our batting tbh. Literally the one time in the last couple of years that the bowling let us down a little and they couldn't step up and help them out. I wouldn't be impressed if I was Roach, Gabriel or Holder.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Feeling really irritated with our batting tbh. Literally the one time in the last couple of years that the bowling let us down a little and they couldn't step up and help them out. I wouldn't be impressed if I was Roach, Gabriel or Holder.
With the exception of a couple of dodgy spells from Gabriel I don't think WI have really bowled poorly, and they got away with the first one thanks to Chase on the first day. Fielding has let them down quite a bit though.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with you but I just don't think they will play any of the reserves unless they somehow hang on in this match to retain the Wisden Trophy.

Gabriel should definitely sit out the next match regardless

Beamer

With the exception of a couple of dodgy spells from Gabriel I don't think WI have really bowled poorly, and they got away with the first one thanks to Chase on the first day. Fielding has let them down quite a bit though.
Yeah that's fair, but I thought they hid the ball a bit on day one when the opportunity was really there. Mitigating factor is they must have been knackered. The batting has no excuse though. They can't bat and they can;t field. Oh dear!

the big bambino

International Captain

Kraigg Braithwaite
Roston Chase
Shane Dowrich
Alzarri Joseph
Surely they'll play Gabriel. If Chemar comes in it would be for Roach, who seems to be out of form, don't you think?

Arachnodouche

International Captain

It's England in England. They do tend to get a bit irrepressible at times, as most teams have discovered over the last ten years. What matters more is that WI show the fight to bounce back from this on the field and at the management level by making at least a few of the selections you suggest.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was about to post how the last test featured the Windies 3 down early before Chase started to mess with things, so I'm extremely pleased to see the back of him.

I love a Hawkeye track that ends up at the top of off