• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

james anderson averages 35 with the kookaburra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it appears i forgot pakistan/uae from this analysis. to be fair to anderson he averages 33 with the kookaburra and 23 with the duke.

tim southee averages 28 with a kookaburra and 29 with a duke

colin de grandhomme averages 31 with a kookaburra and has never used a duke

pat cummins averages 21 with a kookaburra and 19 with a duke.

i am going for a run now. i expect to see stimulating discussion undivided by nationality when i return.
it's an embarrassing disparity for a bloke whose countrymen consider a "great."

Burgey

While on that run, perhaps engage your brain and understand why making jokes about ‘all the English dying of covid’ is a pretty ****** thing to say, especially at this moment in time. 36000 people have died here ffs. You don’t even have the balls to apologise and instead made yourself look like a morally bankrupt wanker. I thought you were better than this tbh, sad to see you making comments like that.
Shouldn't have voted this incompetent government in last year, then.

He shouldn't apologize. You should all be apologizing for yourselves. Who'd have thought standing outside and clapping of an evening wouldn't replace effective governance and policy? And you all fall for it in your millions. Pathetic. Still, you'll always have Rorke's Drift I suppose.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
And do not consider me an Anderson fanboy, he got Tendulkar out 9 times in tests, so I like every other Indian fan have every reason to dislike him.
That generally makes us rate a bowler highly. It's why we rate someone like Saqlain quite highly.

trundler

Anderson is basically a more fortunate Terry Alderman. Could see Jhye Richardson getting to that level too. The following is a list of h4x medium pacers whom the English have conned the world into thinking of as great even though they're just HTBs and minnow bashers:

Bedser
Botham
Barnes
Willis
Anderson

Oh and any bowler would've succeeded with Bodyline.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Anderson is basically a more fortunate Terry Alderman. Could see Jhye Richardson getting to that level too. The following is a list of h4x medium pacers whom the English have conned the world into thinking of as great even though they're just HTBs and minnow bashers:

Bedser
Botham
Barnes
Willis
Anderson

Oh and any bowler would've succeeded with Bodyline.
"Minnow bashers"? Really?
Bedser - 7 for 44 and 7 for 55 vs Australia. His "minnows" included Morris, Harvey (twice) and Hassett (twice).
Botham - 5 for 54 vs Australia in Melbourne. One of his "minnows" was Alan Border.
Barnes - 7 for 60 vs Australia in Sydney. Noble, Macartney, Gregory, Hill, Trumper - "Minnows"?
Willis - 8 for 43 vs Australia. Enough said!
Anderson - 6 for 47 vs Australia, 5 for 20 vs India, 7 for 43 vs New Zealand, 6 for 17 vs Pakistan, 5 for 40 vs South Africa, 7 for 42 vs West Indies, 5 for 16 vs Sri Lanka. Pick your "minnows" out of that lot!

Sorry Trundler. I'm not sure of you motivation but if this is your idea of a balanced view of bowling performances then you've gone down in my estimation.

cnerd123

likes this
Barnes is also quite possibly the greatest bowler of all times, we just don't pick him in ATG XIs because his career and bowling style are hard to compare and put into context with modern cricket. But the numbers and quality of writing behind him is immense

trundler

Cashed in against an SA side that'd make 00s Bangloldesh look like 80s WI. Average versus Australia is good for the era but not especially so.

trundler

Compton was an HTB too. The only English cricketers worth respecting are Hobbs and Hutton. Grace was a cheat. You have been tricked into thinking highly about the rest because of biased English writers having a monopoly on cricket journalism.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Compton was an HTB too. The only English cricketers worth respecting are Hobbs and Hutton. Grace was a cheat. You have been tricked into thinking highly about the rest because of biased English writers having a monopoly on cricket journalism.
Sorry Trundler - You've totally lost the plot and any respect that true cricket followers might have had for you opinions.

Flem274*

123/5
I suppose my intention was to make the worst possible post and I've won but at what cost
the thing is you could spend years crafting the perfect worst post and then ikki will return and spend 10 seconds on a post that crushes your grand creation

trundler

Ikki and Richard arguing over the relative merits of Knott and Stewart is still one of the most traumatic experiences I've experienced

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.