• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ have had the better batting. Deserved winners.

It's probably for the best that India don't play tests for a while.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I think I may have predicted 1-0 for Black Caps to win but real happy with the wins. Nothing like beating 2-0 and both in the end a no contest victory. India had moments no doubt but they couldn't press on.

As for us, good feeling after the Aussie disaster. After the T20s I was thinking India was going to end few careers but it was the other way around. Shame we didn't get to watch the best of Indian batting. They prepared well, especially Rahane, Pujara and Vihari but just couldn't do it when required. Indian bowling was good to watch. NZ bowling was outstanding, excellent plans and execution. Batting could have been better but can't have everything perfect.

Yes we lost to Aussies but great wins against England and India at home. Eases the pain of losing in Aus a bit 8-)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats NZ!!! An absolute spanking here. Continued to own the 3rd innings and grabbing the game breaking moments. Its amazing how in both games at some point in the 3rd innings it always felt India could even win and then NZ just stormed through.

I don't want to repeat myself all over again but I feel playing with 4 bowlers just so that we can include one more iffy batsman in the side away from home has cost us enough. Time to own the fact that we will need 5 bowlers to at least give our bowlers the best shot at bowling the opposition out. Maybe once Pandya is back the balance will be sorted out for SENA conditiions but even now, I would rather play 3 seamers + Ash and Jaddu than play one more batsman who is gonna make 10 runs, make a **** all difference in the field and cannot bowl. None of our batsmen seem capable outside of Kohli in SEN conditions, and when he is in bad form, like in this series, we just get shown up. Time for tough questions to be asked of Rahane, I feel. Has been coasting along on middling performances even at home.

For NZ, glad to see them discover an exciting talent like Jamieson and its always good to see Boulthee going well, they are a class act, especially in their own conditions. NZ have done pretty well overseas as well except against the big 3 and SA, if I am not wrong. So its good to see them get into the table for the WTC as well.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well played NZ.

The plus point for india must be that bumrah seems to be that bumrah seems to be coming back well from the injury

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ 3 Test series to come in WTC. 2 away vs Bangladesh, 2 at home vs Pakistan, 2 at home vs WI.

Doesn't seem crazy to think NZ could walk away with 6 wins though Bangers away will be rough. 360 possible points and you'd think we would be good odds to walk away with at least 240 of those.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very nice win. Puts qualifying for the WTC final well and truly back in the realm of possibility.

Series rankings
Latham 7/10
Blundell 7/10
KW 6/10
Taylor 5/10
Nicholls 2/10
Watling 3/10
Colin de Grandhomme 8/10
Tim Southee 9/10
Kyle Jamieson 9/10
Trent Boult 8/10
Wager - 8/10
Ajaz - nr

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ 3 Test series to come in WTC. 2 away vs Bangladesh, 2 at home vs Pakistan, 2 at home vs WI.

Doesn't seem crazy to think NZ could walk away with 6 wins though Bangers away will be rough. 360 possible points and you'd think we would be good odds to walk away with at least 240 of those.
Pretty sure it's 3 at home v WI.

Athlai

Not Terrible
India have 2 series remaining 4 vs Australia (in Australia #0 points) 5 vs England (in India #120 points or less with draws)
Australia have 3 series remaining, 3 vs SA, 4 vs India, 2 vs Bangladesh
England have 4 series remaining, 5 v India (in India # 0 points), 3 vs Pakistan, 2 vs SL (in SL), 3 vs WI

If NZ can win 4 Tests and draw one in our next 6 games I'm pretty confident we finish 2nd.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
proper mauling this series. new zealand haven't looked back since jamieson came into the team. As for us we struggled with much better batting lineups in Nzl, shouldn't let Kohli and Shastri's bravado fool you into thinking that this is an ATG line up.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Back to 2nd in the rankings.

Interesting to see what Australian media makes of that

I don't think the Aus media loses too much sleep about the 2nd place test ranking.

Especially as Aus are only playing 2 more tests before Afghanistan next summer. Was always likely to happen with teams playing in the Northern winter.

India next summer and SAF in March 21' in reality will dictate everything.

I think the Aus vs NZ debate was resoundingly settled recently, despite ICC rankings.

No surprises though that NZ is returning to their preferred schedule of beating up on the 'minnows' following the last couple of months.

Bangladesh x 2 (Again!) - Away
West Indies x 3 - Home
Pakistan x 2 - Home

Is a fairly soft 12 months.

It will be the 7th test they've against Bangladesh in 2.5 years, with 5 of those being at home.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think the Aus media loses too much sleep about the 2nd place test ranking.

Especially as Aus are only playing 2 more tests before Afghanistan next summer. Was always likely to happen with teams playing in the Northern winter.

I think the Aus vs NZ debate was resoundingly settled recently, despite ICC rankings.

No surprises though that NZ is returning to their preferred schedule of beating up on the 'minnows' following the last couple of months.

West Indies x 3 - Home
Pakistan x 2 - Home

It will be the 7th test they've against Bangladesh in 2.5 years, with 5 of those being at home.
Oh Bangladesh aren't that bad. Remind me, which minnow nation was it that they managed to draw a home series against back in 2017...?

Last edited:

Frost

U19 Debutant

West Indies x 3 - Home
Pakistan x 2 - Home

To be fair, beating England and now india at home is hardly "beating up on minows" nz have nothing to do with scheduling.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
India have 2 series remaining 4 vs Australia (in Australia #0 points) 5 vs England (in India #120 points or less with draws)
Australia have 3 series remaining, 3 vs SA, 4 vs India, 2 vs Bangladesh
England have 4 series remaining, 5 v India (in India # 0 points), 3 vs Pakistan, 2 vs SL (in SL), 3 vs WI

If NZ can win 4 Tests and draw one in our next 6 games I'm pretty confident we finish 2nd.

IMO Australia will win the Indian series fairly convincingly, at least 3-1.

I could also see them conceivably white washing SAF over there, 12 months isn't a whole lot of time for SAF to rebuild a test side and Australia will be taking the best fast bowling attack in the world over there, with now a pretty settled batting lineup, although 12 months is a long time in cricket...

India more than likely win the English series 4 or 5 nil, with their current points lead, I can't see them missing.

I think it's going to be Aus vs India, regardless of what NZ do.

cnerd123

likes this
It's not enough that BCCI controls world cricket and dictates who gets to play where and when and how much money everyone makes, Indian fans are now getting bitter when they realise one team gets to play weaker sides more than they do

I look forward to India playing Ireland, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh as their away tours in the next WTC cycle