• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I volunteer weldone to cop 2 weeks on behalf of Shri

#freeshri
I refuse to do 1 second for that ****, except when I am asleep and can't login to cw.

However, I think the "wishing death upon world leaders" thing shouldn't attract any ban. It's a joke that's being played all over social media today (I haven't seen Shri's original post though so don't know if the ban was related to that), and also wishing death from some natural disaster is different from wishing them to be killed by a person - that's my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
shri got banned originally for telling some chest beater to remove himself from our sphere of existence right?

james is basically saying it's not ok to punch a nazi in the face because #freedom. what a libertarian.

shri should be given the keys to cw for rightly purging subhumans from our great website.

#freeshri, or else the working class unleash.

Flem274*

123/5
I refuse to do 1 second for that ****, except when I am asleep and can't login to cw.

However, I think the "wishing death upon world leaders" thing shouldn't attract any ban. It's a joke that's being played all over social media today (I haven't seen Shri's original post though so don't know if the ban was related to that), and also wishing death from some natural disaster is different from wishing them to be killed by a person - that's my personal opinion.
yea but your posts are ****in boring weld one

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Firstly to address Burgey's point, I liked the ban announcement because I thought it was funny that they'd finally got him as being Shri. We were all just calling him Shri in mafia etc.

Personally I DGAF if Shri is banned for a year or not, he's the most overrated poster since benchmark and this forum could do with a drastic cull of leftists.

That being said, his original ban was ridiculous, I thought it at the time. He should have been given a slap on the wrist at the most. While we are at it, the ban D/L got recently was also a joke, banned for posting a video by a bloke who in other videos (but not the one he posted) has posted offensive views. Well **** me.

Anyway I digress.

His original ban was wrong and should be overturned. You can then stick him with a month or whatever the standard is for a multi if you wish, then he's not evaded trouble.

As a compromise, Spark, Dan & Teja. should all resign as mods. With immediate effect. And their retrospective decisions should be overturned.

Cheers.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not really. Playing the posts not the poster.

Anyway, seems we're about to have a precedent whereby longstanding members can escape bans anyway, so should be fine.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's with the stolen avatars in this thread?

Also, I'd be happy to trade the mods 10 libertarians for every week they take off Shri's sentence.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
pews

but obviously, he's lying. There are many libs here, many better ones than gimp.
Aside from your pointless dig, who are the other ones?

Ikki & Ausage don't post here currently. Granted I didn't know Prez was a fellow traveller.

Burgey

Firstly to address Burgey's point, I liked the ban announcement because I thought it was funny that they'd finally got him as being Shri. We were all just calling him Shri in mafia etc.

Personally I DGAF if Shri is banned for a year or not, he's the most overrated poster since benchmark and this forum could do with a drastic cull of leftists.

That being said, his original ban was ridiculous, I thought it at the time. He should have been given a slap on the wrist at the most. While we are at it, the ban D/L got recently was also a joke, banned for posting a video by a bloke who in other videos (but not the one he posted) has posted offensive views. Well **** me.

Anyway I digress.

His original ban was wrong and should be overturned. You can then stick him with a month or whatever the standard is for a multi if you wish, then he's not evaded trouble.

As a compromise, Spark, Dan & Teja. should all resign as mods. With immediate effect. And their retrospective decisions should be overturned.

Cheers.
Hear Hear! Apart from paragraph 2. He's a good poster and a better fella. And that part of paragraph 3 where you say D/L shouldn't have been banned. The less anyone sees of him the better. England's watson.

Burgey

Have a look at what he copped the original ban for.

If someone made a barb about a tsunami hitting Sydney being a good thing because it'd be the end of me, would I go all HB and report it? Of course not. I put **** on Brisbane, do stephen and the other poor unfortunates who live there get upset, go all HB and report those posts? No. Same with the poor bastards who live in Birmingham. ***** posted encouraging me to have a poor diet so I'd die sooner. Did I go all HB and report it? Of course not. Why? Because I have more than three brain cells and skin thicker than rice paper. Anyone who reports the sort of thing for which Shri was banned in the first place should just be kicked out of the joint themselves.

How the mods didn't get a report about it and fall over laughing is beyond me. Well, actually it isn't, but you know, the point stands.

Last edited: