• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Even when someone is having a shocker (like Saini today), Shardul still manages to be the worst bowler. Pretty much every time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I say it again.. the days of playing pure bowlers and pure batsmen has to stop. We can carry two #11s at best and that has to be about it. Time to figure out who are the players who can give us additional stuff on the field like being good fielders and having a second skill. Does Padikkal bowl anything?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Fmd can the kiwi posters just enjoy a win instead of obsessing over which commentator likes which player less than others?
Heh, it wasn't necessarily looking like a win at the time of those comments. Absolute gem of an inmings by de Grandhomme to make this emphatic.

Well played NZ after the frustration of the T20 series. Apparently, the only other times NZ has enjoyed a clean sweep in an ODI series against India was in 76 and 81.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing Kohli did well there was make Thakur bowl the last over and get the winning runs hit off him after he bowled pish the whole way through.

I can see why they are playing him if they see something in him but he’s raw. I haven’t seen enough of him though to really pass judgment, but I gather from Indian supporters he isn’t widely rated. Is he seen as a youngish prospect for the next WC and therefore worth an extended run?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@Burgey: He has done well in red ball cricket back in India and for some reason, our selectors and management think that means he should play every friggin white ball game for us. He is a decent fielder and a decent hitter with the bat and those are qualities we do not seem to find in any other good bowler from India right now, for whatever reason, and hence they are sticking to him.

But to be fair, I think he is playing as a like for like for Deepak Chahar who is injured, who himself was the like for like for Bhuvi.

thierry henry

International Coach
One thing Kohli did well there was make Thakur bowl the last over and get the winning runs hit off him after he bowled pish the whole way through.

I can see why they are playing him if they see something in him but he’s raw. I haven’t seen enough of him though to really pass judgment, but I gather from Indian supporters he isn’t widely rated. Is he seen as a youngish prospect for the next WC and therefore worth an extended run?
I’m not Indian but he seems like basically a skiddy 135kph bowler in his late 20s, so he’s really lacking any obvious reason to be investing in him

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m not Indian but he seems like basically a skiddy 135kph bowler in his late 20s, so he’s really lacking any obvious reason to be investing in him
Fair enough. Maybe as HB said it’s the bit of late order hitting he offers that’s got him the gig.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know how HB watches these games where Shardul and Saini get tonked and comes up with "play more all-rounders" instead of "play our best bowlers Shami and Bhuvi". Play Umesh and Ishant ahead of Shardul. Idgaf about their batting.

Bijed

International Regular
I don't know how HB watches these games where Shardul and Saini get tonked and comes up with "play more all-rounders" instead of "play our best bowlers Shami and Bhuvi". Play Umesh and Ishant ahead of Shardul. Idgaf about their batting.
I think he's right in principle tbf (although it depends on how pitches trend from now on imo), but it probably doesn't apply to this current Indian side given who the choices on either side of the divide are. But my perception is probably skewed by the fact that England, whether by design or accident, have had their first-choice bowling lineup since the 2015 WC all be players who can at least hold the bat. Although even that might be changing if Mahmood, Parkinson etc are going to be long-term fixtures

Last edited: