• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Cummins is up there with Anderson in terms of accuracy. What a bowler.
I reckon he's up there with Philander in terms of accuracy.

Anderson's accuracy is harder to rate in a way because he gets a lot more movement before pitching which makes good pitch maps hard, but his would definitely be (probably marginally, but noticeably) worse than Cummins's or Philander's IMO.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Colin throws his wicket away getting caught in the ring/on the boundary this innings then I'd be finishing his Test career tbh. Needs to show some fight, never know could be an unexpected amount of rain come overnight.
I mean his bowling alone is worth enough atm

thierry henry

International Coach
Interested to see the tracker but I reckon Ross has been out twice to balls which seamed away about a bat width and hit top of off. Hard to play.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Return of the Jedi..brah, welcome.

Today has been a classic case of a team already half way on their plane home.

Well done Ross, terrific career.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon he's up there with Philander in terms of accuracy.

Anderson's accuracy is harder to rate in a way because he gets a lot more movement before pitching which makes good pitch maps hard, but his would definitely be (probably marginally, but noticeably) worse than Cummins's or Philander's IMO.
I think if they all bowled cross seam it’d be very similar. For example when it wasn’t swinging when Anderson last toured Australia he bowled really tight and was bloody accurate, if memory serves.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I mean his bowling alone is worth enough atm
Ive been thinking about this lately and I think NZ should be playing a standard 6 bats + 1 keeper (or 3 bats + 4 keepers if they prefer) and then CdG is either the 4th quick OR you play a spinner.

Its a good time for Phillips or Young when available to be given a chance.

TheJediBrah

While of course NZ have underperformed, biggest issue for mine has been the unfair expectation. It was always highly unlikely that they'd be genuinely competitive, as I was saying before the series.

They should have done better, I'll admit, but haven't been helped by the tosses. With a lot more luck they could have been competitive.

Mike5181

International Captain
Waugh and Warne confidently saying Australia have 8 in a World XI is hilarious.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Haha Ricky ripping into CDG here. Personally I think its a bit rough to expect your now opening bowler to be held accountable for his batting

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if they all bowled cross seam it’d be very similar. For example when it wasn’t swinging when Anderson last toured Australia he bowled really tight and was bloody accurate, if memory serves.
He was tight all throughout the series, never leaked runs, but only looked genuinely dangerous in one innings. And said innings wouldn't even of happened if Smith didn't complete **** the bed and not enforce the follow on

TheJediBrah

Waugh and Warne confidently saying Australia definitely have 8 in a World XI is hilarious.
Dumb. About what you'd expect from those 2, did they sell that info to bookies I wonder?

Haha Ricky ripping into CDG here. Personally I think its a bit rough to expect your now opening bowler to be held accountable for his batting
It's not when he's batting 7 and in the team as an all-rounder

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Waugh and Warne confidently saying Australia definitely have 8 in a World XI is hilarious.
i count 7 they'd pump for and i could understand on current form (warner, labuschagne, smith, cummins, starc, lyon, haze/pat). let me guess, tim paine?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

It would be between 3 and 5.

Smith, Labuschagne, and Cummins are definites.

Lyon and Warner have very strong cases.

Can't really see any others having a genuine claim.

mr_mister

Dumb. About what you'd expect from those 2, did they sell that info to bookies I wonder?

It's not when he's batting 7 and in the team as an all-rounder
His bowling workload has been frontline bowler level this series though, far more than usual. He's surely bowled more overs than any other kiwi

Despite batting 7 I'd give him a pass for this batting. Hel probably end up top scoring this innings

_Ed_

While of course NZ have underperformed, biggest issue for mine has been the unfair expectation. It was always highly unlikely that they'd be genuinely competitive, as I was saying before the series.

They should have done better, I'll admit, but haven't been helped by the tosses. With a lot more luck they could have been competitive.
This is one of the best test teams we've ever had, so I really don't think it was unfair to expect a close series. Instead, it's been the worst NZ tour of Australia in my 20-plus years of watching cricket.

TheJediBrah

This is one of the best test teams we've ever had, so I really don't think it was unfair to expect a close series. Instead, it's been the worst NZ tour of Australia in my 20-plus years of watching cricket.
I don't think that takes into account the strength of the opposition. I may be wrong but I'd bet that any previous Test series where NZ have been competitive with Australia have featured very ordinary Aus sides. This is not an ordinary Aus side.

Flem274*

123/5
ed you are far too patient and wholesome