• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in New Zealand 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The last time a proper change was made in NZ's top 6 (ie. not enforced through an injury) was Raval for Guptill 3 years ago. Given the kind of rope the openers before him enjoyed, can't see Raval being discarded at this point. (would still say, rightly so, there aren't too many compelling alternatives at this point.)

Moss

'Played Latham, looked excellent so far. Though this is the point where you start to get anxious for him. Go on and make it count.

ajdude

International Coach
lol Dharmasena

Is there a worse International umpire?
he woke up this morning and though “nah **** you *****, i’m going to solely focus on the front foot no-balls” but forgot to do all the other hard stuff like making correct decisions

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't disagree but I think Bennett is a cannier bowler and whether Henry has a mental block at Test level or whatever is making him average 45, well it might not be there for Bennett.
Henry’s average as a new ball bowler is 34, and if he got an extended run in that role I tend to think that’s around where his average would settle.

Nice start from Latham. Quadruple it please.

The Hutt Rec

'Played Latham, looked excellent so far. Though this is the point where you start to get anxious for him. Go on and make it count.
To be fair on him, he’s pretty much overcome that mental block in the last 12 months, I reckon.

Sorry in advance if I just jinxed him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
facepalm

Have been pleased to see Taylor and Latham build this partnership - they're the two in the side who've maintained a high average the last while but a lot on the back of easy conditions/ easy opposition while others have done the hard work - so run here against a better attack on day 1 are good.

…. and that is incredibly lucky for Taylor.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Extremely difficult decision for the third umpire there - would've liked a few more looks.

edit: though having watched it a bit more, I'm going out on a limb to say the third umpire was right. A tiny edge and unlucky for the bowler, but it's enough.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
facepalm

Have been pleased to see Taylor and Latham build this partnership - they're the two in the side who've maintained a high average the last while but a lot on the back of easy conditions/ easy opposition while others have done the hard work - so run here against a better attack on day 1 are good.

…. and that is incredibly lucky for Taylor.
Big moment there. Taylor has 5 test 100s at Seddon. Good to see us reviewing successfully.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"The batsman always knows when he's hit it."

Ok boomer.

They're so dug in on this false premise that even when presented with clear evidence to the contrary they just dig in further and claim he can't have hit it because he didn't know. Circular reasoning at its finest. He smashed it.